Oak Group Holdings Ltd, consists of Oak Tyres UK Ltd - one of the UK's leading suppliers to the Fast-Fit industry and an industry leader for imported exclusive tyre brands, and Davanti World Ltd - a private brand which is currently distributed to more than 70 countries and continues to grow rapidly.
We are looking for an extremely driven and experienced Infrastructure Analyst to play a key role in driving forward the company's IT systems, and will have the opportunity to make a real impact on the future success of the business.
Reporting to the IT Operations Manager, you will lead on IT infrastructure projects and act as a point of escalation in supporting our end users. You will be responsible for maintaining system uptime and availability across the Oak Tyres estate.
You will be an IT professional with considerable experience in a similar Infrastructure, Support or DevOps role. You should be able to demonstrate business acumen, understanding of risks and be involved in the strategic IT decisions supporting company objectives.
You will have advanced networking, storage and virtualization skills, ideally with an excellent working knowledge Virtual Desktop Infrastructure. Linux and Windows Server administration skills are also a must for the role.
Knowledge or experience of AWS/Azure would also be beneficial, as the business migrates certain systems to a SaaS / IaaS model.
There will also be opportunities to work with our software development team on new projects and provide the underlying infrastructure necessary for new iOS Apps.
The successful candidate will be a team player, demonstrate a passion to initiate change/continuous improvement, and demonstrate a 'right first time' attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Proactive monitoring and maintenance of IT infrastructure, reporting issues to the IT operations manager suggesting areas for improvement / development
· Working collaboratively within a small team and in conjunction with the wider business to ensure that IT systems run smoothly and efficiently
· Supporting other members in the team in providing reliable IT service to the Business
· Managing and updating internal records and documentation as necessary
· Working with suppliers in relation to all IT related equipment and systems to ensure IT issues are resolved and actioned promptly to avoid downtime
· Follow IT policies in making changes to IT Software or Hardware platforms
· Develop strong working relationships within the team and the wider business to enhance the IT service offering
· Proven experience in a similar role
· Advanced virtualization skills and experience with VMWare and/or Hyper-V
· Excellent knowledge of standard computer networking technologies; TCP/IP, DNS, etc...... click apply for full job details