Job Title: Infrastructure Administrator
Reports to: Director of Information Technology
Department: Information Technology
Location: Pekin, IL
Build your career with Alto Ingredients! Earn a competitive salary, eligibility for annual cash incentive and stock-based incentive, benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 401k with a company dollar-for-dollar match up to 6%, a Wellness program, a stipend for fitness center expenses, a generous paid time off (PTO) program, and service awards for career longevity. Alto Ingredients values the communities where we work and live, and offers an extra 8 hours of paid leave for employees who volunteer their time and talents in their community.
Environment: Alto Ingredients, Inc. (ALTO), formerly known as Pacific Ethanol, Inc., is a leading producer of specialty alcohols and essential ingredients. The company is focused on products for four key markets: Health, Home & Beauty; Food & Beverage; Essential Ingredients; and Renewable Fuels. The company's customers include major food and beverage companies and consumer products companies. For more information, please visit .
Our Pekin campus produces products destined for Health, Food and Beverage and Industrial markets. All personnel are responsible for the safety of these products, which includes participation in training, following cGMP and food safety requirements in the facility, and reviewing and following SOPs for incoming ingredients and outgoing products.
Job Purpose: The Infrastructure Administrator will plan, direct, and coordinate the design, installation, and connectivity of computer systems and network infrastructure to ensure the stable operation of the organization's IT assets. This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing network hardware, software, and communication links. This role is also responsible for VoIP, data center (physical and Cloud based), security systems and other electronic infrastructure.
The following is a list of major duties and responsibilities for this position along with certain supportive duties. It is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be added as needed. In addition, management may modify this job description as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure that the business technology infrastructure meets existing and future requirements
* Manage and ensure the overall effectiveness of the enterprise business technology infrastructure including servers, storage, virtualization platforms, network switches, routers, firewalls, and wireless network devices
* Test technology infrastructure performance and provide performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining the business technology infrastructure
* Develop and support all levels of network security
* Develop, monitor, and maintain the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plan
* Support and maintain VoIP functionality, security, and overall reliability
* Monitor and maintain datacenter operations
* Build and maintain documentation of all standards, policies, and procedures
* Provide guidance and escalation point for junior members of the team
* Conduct research and make recommendations on technology products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
* Practice network asset management, including maintenance of datacenter/infrastructure component inventory, lifecycle management and related documentation
Education and Experience:
* 5 to 7 years of network, phone, email, and server support experience
* Cisco CCNA and/or Microsoft MSCE preferred
* Experience working in manufacturing environments and with process control networks a plus
* Experience working in a team environment preferred
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Planning and Scheduling capabilities
* Proven success in troubleshooting, problem management, and root cause analysis
* Ability to learn and understand business processes and requirements
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
* Proficiency in implementing and supporting windows servers, file and print servers, Active Directory, Office 365, Remote Desktop Server, Sophos Anti-Virus, Barracuda Spam and Web Filtering, and enterprise backups using Veeam
* Proficiency in implementing and supporting Cisco routers, switches, wireless access points, VOIP phones, and unified communications
* Proficiency in supporting firewalls, internet connectivity, WAN, MPLS networks preferred
* Familiarity with virtualization technologies such as VMware, HyperV, or Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop a plus
* Familiarity with different areas of physical security such as network access, camera systems, and card access a plus
The physical requirements of this job are consistent with the typical office job. They include long periods of sitting while using a computer and phone. Some travel will be required for certain projects to one of our other plants, or to attend training
Schedule: This is flexible, but looking for 8 am to 5:00 pm CT Monday through Friday
* Company will provide a monthly stipend to use your personal smart phone for email, calendar, and contact mobile management.
* Company will pay for a certain level of training as approved by the Director of IT and CFO.
Alto Ingredients participates in E-Verify; Criminal background check and drug screen required.