POSITION: Information Technology Infrastructure Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
This position is responsible for IT Infrastructure design, planning, implementation and maintenance. It requires a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized professional with great customer service skills. This role also requires someone that is able to perform tasks with minimal direction and with minimal errors. The environment is diverse and requires an individual that thrives on technical diversity vs someone that wants to focus on only one or two areas of expertise. As we maintain on premise data centers, you will work on data center equipment as well as Cloud-based systems. We have designed the team to challenge all members to learn/manage new technologies; as a result, you will manage departmental/individual projects, while also maintaining systems for which you are the lead.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(For All Areas listed below provide design/planning, implementation, and Support)
Data Center - Virtual/Cloud:
- VMWare or other hypervisors - but VMWare is the primary.
- Various Server OSes - primarily Windows Server but also Ubuntu/Debian and FreeBSD. May need to work with function-specific Linux distros as needed.
- AWS, Azure, or OpenStack - smaller footprint but maybe required for this position.
Systems / Applications:
- Networking - Cisco IOS, Arista EOS, PFSense, Cisco ASA, HAProxy
- Messaging/Collaboration - MS Exchange on-prem, Office 365 Teams, Slack, GFI.
- Database - MS SQL (installation/maintenance only), other distro-specific DBs also.
- Monitoring/Alerting - Solarwinds, Nagios, and manually via checklists.
- Security - SIEM, FIM, IDS/IPS, etc.
Data Center - Physical:
- Environmental systems - HVAC, UPS, Fire Suppression, etc.
- System cabinets, racks, mounting of servers/equipment, electrical/network wiring, etc.
- Servers (single, multi-node, blade)
- Network systems (Cisco, Arista, Ubiquity, etc.)
- Storage systems (EMC SAN, various NAS, attached arrays)
Projects, Tasks, Standards:
- Manage assigned IT Infrastructure projects, working with the assigned IT architect to ensure the project aligns with Company and Department goals.
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are followed in the setup of end user access. Update documentation as needed to reflect business/management requirements.
- Manage ad-hoc and assigned tasks as required - these can include tasks related to other projects, checklist-tasks for compliance, documentation, and problem resolution.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High School degree or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree in IT-related field or equivalent experience is preferred.
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Net+ certification or other related IT professional certification preferred.
- Previous experience as a Senior IT Technician or IT engineer.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently in resolution of issues.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively in high-pressure situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Goal-oriented, organized team player.
- Experience working with network and server management support.
- Up-to-date knowledge of new systems, information, software, and upgrades.
- Must be available for after hours and weekend support.
- Travel - Less than five percent.
Lifting, standing for extended periods of time, carrying, moving, pulling/pushing, climbing etc. Resource may be asked to rack a 50 lbs. server or pull cables requiring him/her to climb ladders. Must be able to work in a cold data center for extended periods of time.