Railhead Inc. has an immediate opening for a for a Senior Incident Response Cyber Security Engineer supporting the NOAA Cyber Security Center and Department of Commerce ESOC contract.
- Responsible for the full lifecycle of security incidents involving enterprise systems and data including personally identifiable information (PII) breaches
- Manages and responds to computer security incidents through detection, investigation, analysis, remediation, and reporting of cybersecurity incidents in a timely manner with high quality
- Provide good customer service to all users/constituents
- Helps improve the overall security posture through obtaining the knowledge of the enterprise systems, and to ensure the timely dissemination of security information to the appropriate stakeholders
- Analyze EDR, OS, and firewall logs, Full Packet Capture (PCAP), SIEM alerts, Anti-malware alerts, Host Intrusion Prevent/Detection System (HIP/DS), and server and application logs to investigate events and incidents for anomalous activity and produce reports of findings
- Conduct reviews and analysis of proxy logs, Microsoft Windows and Active Directory logs, Orchestrator logs, and malicious code of identify, contain, eradiate, and ensure recovery from incidents
- Respond to cyber incidents, including responding to IR phone calls and emails, and preparing situational awareness reports for NOAA; escalate incidents to DOC as needed
- Act as main investigators for potential incidents identified by systems or lower tier analysts
- Investigate phishing and other user self-identified potential cyber threats (e.g., phishing emails sent to the CIRT)
- Work with users to analyze, triage, contain, and remediate security incidents
- Track incident managements thoroughly and communicate with end users and management effectively
- Participate regularly in working group sessions, to include idea generation for new content rules for security alerting and reduction of false positives. Collaborate across organizational lines and develop depth in your desired cyber discipline and/or technologies
- Follow documented procedures yet have an eye towards process improvement/effectivity
- Knowledgeable on multiple technology and system types
- Able to articulate the incident response lifecycle
- 8+ years of relevant cyber security experience (senior)
- 3+ years of incident response experience
- Solid understanding of cyber landscape + typical threat vectors.
- Able to work 24x7 shifts
- Requires at least one of the following certifications:
-CERT Certified Computer Security Incident Handler
-ECC CEH (Electronic Commerce Council Certified Ethical Hacker)
-GCIH (GIAC Certified Incident Handler)
-GISF (GIAC Information Security Fundamentals)
-CISSP (ISC2 Certified Information System Security Professional)
-SCNP (Security Certified Network Professional)
-SCNA (Security Certified Network Architect)
Railhead, Inc. is a leader in intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; advanced cyber solutions; cloud and managed IT solutions; engineering, and information-based solutions for DoD, law enforcement and homeland security. We provide training and logistics in support of readiness operations; and operational support services and solutions in support of organizations not limited to DHS, DoD, and the Intelligence Community (IC). We hire mission enablers whom reflect our communities and proactively embrace diversity and inclusion, in order to advance our corporate culture, develop our family of employees into the best they can be, and in turn grow our market share throughout industry.
Railhead, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.