Gardners Books Limited, as part of The Little Group, is the leading book and multimedia wholesalers in the United Kingdom. Gardners supply product from its warehouses in Eastbourne to retailers in the UK on a next day delivery and international retailers via shippers from a stock of over 640,000 different titles.
The IT Systems Department comprises around 10 staff. The main role of the department is the support and development of the company's internal infrastructure.
The company operates a multi-server network using VMWare & Microsoft operating systems with over 500 PC workstations. There are also automated conveyor systems, telephone system, ethernet networks, wireless networks and various other electronic/mechanical systems.
Key Responsibilites for this role Include: (but are not limited to)
- Office 365 Management and Support
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- Networking, including wireless networking
- Scripting and automation
- Software Deployments
Essential Technical Experience:
- Microsoft operating systems, up to and including Windows 10 & server 2019.
- Office 365 management
- Ethernet networking including: VLAN's, wireless networking (802.11b/g/n) and infrastructure cabling.
- Minimum 3 years I.T. Support experience, including working on a helpdesk
Additional Technical Knowledge Preferred:
- An understanding of relational databases, with specific reference to Microsoft Server SQL products
- Linux configuration and operation
- VMware virtualization
About the right candidate:
We are looking for an individual with good communication skills, bother verbal and written. You must be able to work well in a pressurised environment and have the ability to adapt and learn new technical knowledge.
A full UK Driving license will be required.
About the role:
Hours are 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Some flexibility on hours is required during busy periods. It will be required to work occasional Saturday nights (9pm to 4am) to assist with performing essential systems maintenance, for which lieu time is normally given. It is expected that you will take part in Out of Hours Support as part of a 1 in 4 rota...... click apply for full job details