The Hardware in the Loop (HWIL) RF Systems Department has the responsibility to design, develop, and maintain complex engineering test systems (missile flight simulators) that operate real-time and closed-loop with the weapon's hardware and software.
We are looking for candidates willing to collaborate, innovate, and team with our engineers to generate and use cutting-edge technology from design to implementation.
This position is for a Sr Principal Software Engineer, G11, who has the educational and professional experience in the leadership, development, and implementation of software team's and applications. Contributing to the development of new principles and concepts, resolving unusually complex technical software problems, providing solutions that are innovative and provide rapid and efficient test environments. Assignments are often self-initiated and the candidate determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Follows or recommends changes to department processes and procedures. Reviews software products for soundness of technical judgment and adequacy. Provides guidance and mentoring to up-and-coming engineers. Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product. Serves as a team lead and spokesperson on advanced projects and programs.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
* U.S. Citizenship Required
* Requires a Bachelor's Degree (BS) in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum of 10 years of prior relevant experience
* Ten (10) or more years of experience in software design, development and testing using C++ or closely related software language.
* Six (6) or more years of experience leading software development teams
* Master's Degree (MS) or PH.D. in Computer Engineering or Computer Science preferred
* Experience developing software for real-time operating environments
* Experience working with the Linux operating system, or closely related operating systems
* Experience working with software configuration management principles and tools
* Strong ability to work in a team environment
* Previous experience developing in an object-oriented software environment
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.