Would you like to work with the internationally recognised and market-leading Volvo Construction Equipment brand?
If so, we have an excellent Field Service vacancy which will require you to proactively undertake the maintenance, diagnosis and repair of Customers' machinery within a geographical area (hydraulic excavators, articulated haulers, wheeled loaders etc).
This post works alongside our Immingham Customer Support Centre and covers the Wetherby/North Leeds area.
If you are looking for a position with opportunities to progress your career then we are a company that wants to help you, guide you, and inspire you to achieve your full potential. Here at SMT GB we have an employee focused approach and we are a 'learning company' which continually facilitates the development of our employees to improve our business.
Within this role your main responsibilities will be to;
- Service and repair Volvo construction equipment or miscellaneous equipment.
- Identify mechanical problems, using technical knowledge and computerised diagnostic equipment, offering guidance and advice to the customer.
- Carry out duties in a commercially focussed way, seeking additional service revenue opportunities and promoting our aftermarket solutions.
- Carry out all work in line with quotations and time guides, highlighting to management where additional work may be required.
- Maintain a sufficient personal toolkit to enable you to carry out the job effectively.
- Ensure company tool defects are reported, use is in line with current test periods and in line with instructions/training.
- Ensure software updates are installed as new versions are released.
- Accurate completion of systems/paperwork (including but not limited to oil sample reports, Matris readouts, component failure reports, ERG's).
- Complete electronic/reports timesheets in 'real time' providing comprehensive details of the work undertaken.
- Ordering parts for your work as necessary and to return parts in a clean condition and at the time of job completion
Closing date for applications: Monday 31 August 2020
Engineer | Plant | Construction Equipment | Mobile Engineer | Cornwall | HGV Mechanic | Agricultural Mechanic | NVQ Level 3 | Servicing | Repairs | Customer Service | Testing | Reporting
Competitive rates of pay / Company Bonus Scheme / Employee Discounts / Tool Kits / Pension Scheme / Life Insurance / Medical Cash Plan / On-site Medicals / Work Wear / 30 days holiday, rising to 35 days with service (including bank holidays).
- A formal engineering qualification in Plant Maintenance, Agricultural/HGV mechanics (NVQ L3).
- Relevant experience in the repair and maintenance of heavy construction plant.
- Proven technical competence on diesel engines, transmissions, drive lines, hydraulics and electrical systems.
- Hold a full driving licence.
SMT is a premium distributor and aftersales partner for Volvo Construction Equipment.
SMT GB markets Volvo Construction Equipment products including wheeled loaders, articulated haulers, hydraulic excavators, utility equipment and road equipment products in Great Britain.
We are the industry leader with state-of-the-art products and services that maximizing the benefits for all stakeholders.
We are a great place to work, with highly skilled teams that are inspired and dedicated to helping our customers succeed.
We are the partner of choice for our customers throughout the lifetime of their equipment...... click apply for full job details