Head of IT - Cloud Infrastructure - Guildford
Head of IT with excellent Cloud infrastructure (ideally Microsoft Azure) & network security experience is required by a leading law firm based in Guildford
As the Head of IT / Head of Infrastructure you will be responsible for the development, management, planning and operations of infrastructure and cloud infrastructure; to ensure a stable, consistent, compliant, secure yet continuously evolving IT infrastructure platform.
- Experience working in an Infrastructure Manager / Head of IT role, with people management experience
- Experience in IT infrastructure technologies; including compute, storage, network and security.
- Experience in cloud infrastructure technologies; including compute, storage, network and security; preferably Microsoft Azure. This includes designing, deploying and troubleshooting complex infrastructure platforms; and a minimum of 3 years for cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with cloud PaaS and SaaS services; including Microsoft 365 (Office, Azure AD, Telephony, Security, Intune), Exclaimer, Mimecast, with wide area network connectivity, with infrastructure security technologies and with application architecture optimisation.
- Demonstrable official core technology training and certification for infrastructure and cloud infrastructure technologies
- Have an understanding of future technologies and services; including operating systems, data structure, infrastructure platforms, cloud, end-user compute, server-based compute, telephony, archiving, networking and security.
- Demonstrable compliance experience; including ISO 27001 and Cyber Essentials.
As the Head of IT Infrastructure, you will take ownership, deliver against the business and IT strategies, operational policies and governing frameworks; including TOGAF and ITIL.
- Technical leadership (technology vision) & management (people, process, procedure).
- Service management (demand management, resource and project scheduling, incident management, problem escalation and prioritisation).
- Project management governance, definition, scoping and alignment with initial planning.
- Maintain a stable, capable and secure infrastructure platform for the companies line-of-business applications and data; by providing and highly available infrastructure and cloud infrastructure.
- Rationalisation of infrastructure and cloud infrastructure platforms; and migration of applications and services.
- Successful selection and recommendations of replacement / upgraded infrastructure platforms.
- Commercial success of infrastructure and cloud infrastructure platform return-on-investments.
- Delivering against the firm's business and IT strategies.
- Defining and managing service management framework, policies, processes and procedures for infrastructure platforms.
- Integration and interoperability of infrastructure and cloud infrastructure for future acquisitions or mergers.
- Successful monitoring and remediation of infrastructure and cloud infrastructure.
- Team efficiency and success; aligned to user satisfaction.
- Possible delegate of authority or representation of the Chief Information Office or affinity team members in their absence.
My client is looking to pay around £60,000 - £70,000, but would look a little higher for the right person. To apply press apply now, or send your CV to
Keywords - Head of IT / Head of Infrastructure / Cloud Infrastructure / Azure / Networking / Security / Guildford
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.