Zoomies help the world connect - and deliver happiness while doing it. We set out to build the best video conferencing product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Phone, Zoom Rooms, Zoom Video Webinars, Zoom Apps, and OnZoom.
We're problem-solvers and self-starters, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to dig deep into impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate, and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
We're looking for a Head of Big Data Platform who will lead our big data team including big data infrastructure, data service operations, and data analytics. As the Head of Big Data Platform, you'll lead the design and development, and administration of the big data platform and big data solutions. The ideal candidate for this role is comfortable with developing strategic roadmaps, managing technical teams, and will be responsible for execution against short, medium, and long-term company goals and milestones.
* Lead engineering team effort to effectively design & implement a high-available, scalable, open Big Data platform
* Collaborate with cross-functional peers (i.e. engineering, product, design, marketing, support) to shape product vision
* Recruit and retain top-notch technical talents and grow the teams
* Empower engineering managers to manage their teams and components effectively
* Guide architecture design and solve complex technical challenges as a hands-on leader
* Drive release process, evangelize agile best practices, and promote innovation
* Establish strategic plans and objectives for the organization
* BS/MS (CS or related major required)
* Minimum 8 years of people management experience in building and leading geographically distributed engineering teams
* Minimum 5 years of data engineering using big data platforms; Strong understanding of Cloudera CDH platform and/or AWS Cloud Services is required
* Experience with technologies such as Spark programing, Impala SQL Language, Analyze data via Hive, etc. is required
* Knowledge of ETL, visualization and reporting, with an understanding of the best, most efficient use of associated tools and applications to complete these tasks.
* Deep knowledge of data features engineering, data mining, machine learning, or information retrieval.
* Hear from our leadership team
* Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
* Visit our Blog
* Zoom with us!
* Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram