LMI is a consultancy dedicated to powering a future-ready, high-performing government, drawing from expertise in digital and analytic solutions, logistics, and management advisory services. We deliver integrated capabilities that incorporate emerging technologies and are tailored to customers' unique mission needs, backed by objective research and data analysis. Founded in 1961 to help the Department of Defense resolve complex logistics management challenges, LMI continues to enable growth and transformation, enhance operational readiness and resiliency, and ensure mission success for federal civilian and defense agencies.
This broad-based program will provide the opportunity for new graduates with Master's degrees to develop analytic and consulting skills in support of the government. Participants will participate in project management and program development within the broad spectrum of public policy management and be exposed to a diverse mix of economics, finance, business and information technology, mathematics, statistics, operations research, and procurement. Graduate Fellows will start work in July, 2022.
This position is in our Advanced Analytics & AI Group. This position may be located in Tysons, VA or at a client location in the Washington, DC area.
* Work primarily on short-term and mid-term tasks with technical supervision from project leaders and/or senior level consulting staff.
* Assist in evaluating results of studies, drafting reports and preparing analyses for review.Perform research, using models to analyze relevant project issues and management processes.
* Develop and/or use databases and spreadsheets; assist with data collection, data analysis, and library research.
* Perform data quality and data assurance reviews; conduct data analyses using qualitative and quantitative methods, prepare summary displays to report analysis results and findings.
* Contribute to team's preparation of project briefings, study findings, reports, conclusions and recommendations.
* As the program director finds appropriate, lead project sub-tasks, including managing the consulting staff and working directly with the client.
* Provide technical assistance to proposal managers and/or senior staff on preparation of proposal for new and follow-on work.
* Contribute to, and participate in, group meetings with clients.
* Respond to internal and external substantive questions and inquiries on assigned tasks and projects.
* Give clear oral and written explanations of assigned tasks, relevant issues, analytic approach, and results.
* Present project methodologies and findings to LMI staff and clients.
* 2022 Master's degree in Data Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Operations Research, Mathematics, Information Technology or related discipline. Quantitative coursework highly preferred.
* This program is designed for candidates with approximately 1-5 year's relevant work experience, and Spring 2022 graduate degrees in Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics, and/or technical related fields.
* Proficiency in various data processing and data analysis tools, computer spreadsheets, and database programs.
* Experience or exposure working with tools including object-oriented programming (Python, Java), computational analysis tools (R, MATLAB), and associated data science libraries (scikit-learn).
* Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to compose and write a variety of internal and external general business documents, reports, and presentations.
* Strong interpersonal and listening skills; ability to develop and maintain professional relationships within LMI and with its clients.
* Strong ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines set by project leader.
* Ability to obtain security clearance is required.