This global HQ role is a senior position responsible for crafting and communicating messaging and positioning to the market, enabling sales and marketing communications demand generation, and influencing new product development via market intelligence gathering.
Reporting to the VP Marketing this is a central role working closely with product management, sales, pre-sales, marketing communications and corporate marketing.
The successful candidate must demonstrate experience and knowledge in all three areas of: product marketing execution; Telco Cloud (NFV/SDN)/Cloud) technology understanding, and telecom market.
The role would suit an enthusiastic, confident and self-starting candidate with significant experience who thrives in a busy, fast-paced environment and relishes challenging objectives.
It is ideal for an individual that seeks the freedom to lead and execute their area of expertise and demonstrate their experience/ knowledge/ skills within an entrepreneurial environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Messaging – develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates the product in the market, and develop all associated sales and marketing content / collateral / tools
• Curation and creation – act as central point to collaboratively combine, prioritise, refine, add value and publish aggregated content from key subject matter experts
• Marketing enablement – support demand generation campaigns with targeting, positioning and content creation
• Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process
• Market intelligence – provide market, ecosystem, competitive and customer analyses to support marketing, sales and product management planning
• Evangelist – Internal and external product evangelist, public spokesman to press/analysts, blogger/writer, speaker at tradeshows, seminars and webinars, and partner/channel enablement
• Strategy – contribute to product strategy and go-to-market strategy
• Extensive experience of telecom/IT software in product marketing (ideal), product management or technical sales/marketing roles. Experienced in marketing, product marketing or product management disciplines
• Proven experience marketing to mobile and fixed Communication Service Providers and solid understanding of traditional telecom technologies (ideally operations and assurance)
• Experience of telecom virtualization technologies (eg. NFV, SDN, Cloud)
• Experience of network analytics and network automation a benefit
• Bachelor degree in Technology or Engineering-related discipline. MBA, Business or Marketing qualification an advantage
• Excellent English copywriting, presentation creation and infographic skills
• Excellent English communication/presentation skills targeted at customers, press/analysts
• Must be able to understand complex product features and map them to Network Operator business needs through creation of compelling benefit and value proposition statements
• Ability to influence, persuade and work within matrixed/cross-functional teams
• Excellent execution: self-sufficient in taking objectives, prioritizing, and project managing execution to completion. Must be reliable and deliverables focused
Travel requirements: global, 10% of time
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates must have a right to work in the UK.