Global Infrastructure Senior Manager
Circa. £60-75K Base Salary + Bonus, Pension & Benefits Circa. £85-105K Package
Johnson Matthey have an exciting opportunity for a Global Infrastructure Senior Manager to be based in our Royston, Hertfordshire office on a permanent basis.
The Global Infrastructure Senior Manager leads our global infrastructure services team and is accountable for providing great operational service and technology management. The role has ownership of our key hosting, database, storage and backup technologies including datacenter management and our global infrastructure standards.The role leads our team of L3 infrastructure engineers, creating a positive and effective team environment which meets JM needs and integrates well with the overall JMIT team.
- Leading our Infrastructure Engineering team of c20 people to effectively deliver L3 operational services across a range of infrastructure technologies.
- Accountability for the service performance, maintenance, vendor management, security and cost efficiency of the technologies they own.
- Working closely with the other engineering and service teams to deliver an end-to-end service focused on JM business outcomes.
- Developing and owning the Infrastructure standards, identifies and manages risk and opportunities related to these standards.
- Creating and managing an integrated change capability to effectively deliver projects and other change work across the Infrastructure technologies.
- Ensuring infrastructure technologies are kept up to date with relevant patching, security controls and maintenance requirements.
- Supporting the Head of Infrastructure & Engineering to develop and deliver the overall service and technology optimization strategies for this area.
- As a senior member of the I&O team act as a role model for how we work as a team demonstrating the JM values and encouraging others to do the same.
- Demonstrable experience with similar technical capabilities and delivering IT services to a global business.
- Experienced leader of people, able to manage technical engineers and create highly effective teams.
- Strong understanding of the relevant technologies and how they should be optimized and delivered.
- Good communication and stakeholder management, able to collaboratively work with colleagues from inside and outside of IT.Is seen as a role model and someone people want to work with.
- ITIL Foundation qualification (V3 minimum, 2011 desirable)
A little about us
Johnson Matthey is the global leader in sustainable technologies, applying our cutting-edge science to create solutions with our customers that make a real difference to the world around us. Our science and research help to reduce pollution, relieve pain, restore hearing and boost crops. Behind all of this, we're an international business made up of many extraordinary parts. We have been in business for over 200 years. From a single office in London in 1817, we've built a global presence with significant operations in more than 30 countries. We support our customers' needs from 43 major manufacturing sites all around the globe, providing consistency and quality wherever they are.
How to apply:
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief...... click apply for full job details