What you'll be doing...
As a member of the 5G Labs team, you'll be focused on building proofs-of-concept and platforms that accelerate Verizon's 5G Ecosystem. Verizon is leading the industry in developing capabilities with 5G that will unlock new opportunities and experiences for consumers and enterprises. In this role, you'll be stitching together the latest in enterprise and consumer technology to feed insights back to the business and bring the technology to life for Verizon's customers.
What we're looking for...
- Understanding 5G and technologies that benefit from it in order to make recommendations and stitch these technologies together for proof-of-concept builds.
- Assess concepts for feasibility from a technical perspective.
- Work with product managers, creative storytellers, and designers to build impactful, easy-to-understand prototypes.
- Participate in internal concepting and ideation sessions and bring an engineering perspective to the discussion.
- Develop the underlying infrastructure for the team to support faster development of future proof-of-concepts.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working closely with a product manager or product team.
Even better if you have:
When you join Verizon
- An ability to marry code quality and business need for the 'right' level of elegance for a given piece of code.
- Maintaining and blending pragmatism about what's possible with where we can stretch ourselves to go further.
- Willingness to work to change status quo when you think improvements are available.
- Willingness to work within established protocols while you go about changing them in order to maintain consistency in application.
- Ability to grow your familiarity with a breadth of new technologies and apply them, whether that is a new coding language, framework, getting into machine learning or computer vision for the first time, or testing out the API for a new startup's pre-release hardware.
- Experience with across a broad range of platforms (software + hardware).
- Experience with Cocoa, Android SDK, and/or React Native.
- Experience writing tests that prevent regressions + stable and well documented git flow / process.
- Experience with the basics of DevOps to support setting up environments and creating consistency and security via Docker, AWS, and other tools.
- Experience in any of the following: AI/ML, Computer Vision, Unity, Unreal, Blender.
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.Diversity and Inclusion at Verizon
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion
page to learn more.Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better. - provided by Dice