DZS (NSDQ: DZSI) is a global provider of leading-edge access, 5G transport, and enterprise communications platforms that enable the emerging hyper-connected, hyper-broadband world. A pioneer in disaggregated platforms, SDN, and virtualization, service providers and enterprises look to DZS for the innovation that leads to future-proof networks and outstanding performance. Over 1200 service providers, operators, and enterprises in over 120 countries have leveraged DZS innovation, open solutions, and agility to arm them with the network resources and deployment freedom they need to lead in their markets and deliver an unrivaled communications experience. With manufacturing, engineering, service and support centers of excellence spread across the globe, DZS is positioned to bring next-generation technologies and world-class solutions to service providers and enterprises who are poised to transform, compete and win.
Job Summary, Key Responsibilities and Qualifications:
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Define, Maintain, Enhance and perform work in adherence of the ISO/TL9000 Quality Management System
* Design and enhance DZS FTTx and Optical LAN products based on customer, CTO and PLM requirements and industry standards.
* Prototype, as required, to choose between design/implementation alternatives and schedule implications.
* Work individually and with your team to develop exceptional products that are industry leading and meet required performance specifications while meeting cost, quality and manufacturability metrics.
* Create and execute test plans - unit test, integration test, product test and solution test.
* Generate, analyze, report on in-process metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs).
* Work with other functions to create and improve documentation, training, tools and marketing materials.
* Work with PLM and Operations team to release products to volume deployment.
* Mentor and train other engineers to improve our overall product development capabilities
* BSCS or EE or similar digress with related technical skills.
* 5+ years' experience in real time hardware and embedded software design and systems engineering.
* 5+ years as embedded systems C programmer using a real time OS.
* Familiarity with Java/ Python/ Shell Script languages
* 5+ years of experience in WAN, LAN, GPON, XGS-PON and NGPON2, Optical LAN software development.
* Experience in Networking and network protocols (Ipv4, Ipv6, Ethernet switching, MPLS etc)
* Experience with Wi-Fi development (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax and extensions k, v, s, f)
* Prefer experience with cloud-based technologies such as VMWare, Openstack, Ansible, Containers. Knowledge of the cloud ecosystems.
* Experience with Operations Support Systems (OSS) and Business Support System (BSS) Experience with waterfall and agile scrum methodology and associated development and test tools.
* Experience with high availability/failure recovery design.
* Expert level at troubleshooting skill.
* Technical expertise and critical thinking
* Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At DZS, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. DZS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.