As part of our growing security function we are looking for a passionate Information Security Engineer to join our team in Bristol, UK.
With 2+ years experience in an Information Security and/or a PCI-DSS compliance role, preferably in a FinTech environment, you will be responsible for implementing information security practices and procedures to ensure our systems are secure and that we continue to deliver Level 1 PCI-DSS compliance and beyond.
Passionate about Information Security, you will be comfortable working in a time pressured dynamic environment, proactively monitoring emerging threats and responding appropriately. You should have experience of working as part of a wider Information Security Team.
What will I be doing?
You will work as part of a small team, split between the US and the UK, responsible for maintaining security systems and procedures across the business. The role will entail identifying and evaluating threats, vulnerabilities and risks that affect our payment processing solutions from SIEM and external sources, as well as supporting our compliance programmes.
You will work in support of the Infrastructure and Development teams to ensure that risk is minimised and managed effectively across our payment platform. The role will be hands on with security and monitoring systems including Logging, Vulnerability Management, IPS, Anti-Virus, Patching and others.
You will be expected to communicate effectively, understand compliance requirements and be able to deliver evidence and address compliance issues in a timely fashion, including the collection and delivery of compliance evidence.
NMI develops the most trusted payment software for mobile, online and in-store that is relied on in 38 countries, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. With offices in Bristol, Chicago, Salt Lake City and New York, our payment technology powers millions of customers worldwide, ensuring they can take payments worth billions, securely and reliably. You've probably used our software when ordering a burger, paying for parking, buying something online or booking a train ticket - without even realising it!
Do I have what it takes?
- A positive "can do" attitude
- 2+ years in an Information Security role
- Enthusiastic and passionate about Information Security
- Exposure to Windows, Linux, VMware and Network Security
- Exposure to SIEM, security logging and event management
- Understanding of vulnerability management, system hardening and patching
- Good understanding of security principles
- Experience of a risk based approach to security
- Track record of acting with integrity and confidentiality, in accordance with professional codes of ethics and the law.
- Passionate about learning new skills and self-development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Thorough and meticulous attention to detail
- Flexible approach to dealing with changing business needs
- Willing and able to travel (USA in particular)
- Information Security Certification (CISSP, CISMP, CEH etc).
- Direct experience of PCI-DSS Level 1 audits
- Experience of the PCI P2PE standard
- Basic understanding of encryption including PKI
- Experience of Splunk log analysis
- Previous experience in Cloud technologies
- Previous experience of SecOps and automation
As well as being a part of something exciting everyday, you will also receive the following benefits:
- Annual salary of £30,000 to £50,000 (dependant on experience)
- 25 holiday days each year (+ bank holidays + 1 day after each year of service with up to a max. of 30 days)
- Work-life balance with our Flexi-time policy
- 7 hours per day, 35 hours per week
- Annual bonus scheme
- A chance to develop with an allocated company training budget
- Private health insurance
- Bike2Work Scheme (government-backed cycle to work scheme)
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Perkbox subscription - discounts on gyms, restaurants, high st retailers, cinema tickets etc
- Free fruit delivered to the office
- Great central BS1 location!
Please be aware that NMI does not operate a licence for the sponsorship of those who are not already eligible to work within the UK. Unfortunately, therefore we cannot process any application from individuals unable to provide documentary evidence of their eligibility to commence work in the UK...... click apply for full job details