Apex Systems is looking for Field Engineer with experience in the telecommunications space. This individual should have experience installing CATV Headend Equipment
(Hardware/Software) including the following:
?Essential Job Functions: Must work currently or within last 90 days in the CATV network industry (Cable TV Data Centers).
- Servers, Radio Frequency actives/passives, Optical Splitters, Optical Lasers and Receivers
- Racking and stacking, DC wiring, grounding, structured cabling
- Fiber optic cables, CAT 6 cables, read and understand ISP diagrams/drawings
- Cisco network IP configuration and troubleshooting
• Read and follow engineers' instructions and specifications, maintain the scope of work on the project and adhere to safety procedures.
• Prepare engineering field notes. Interpret engineering drawings, on maps and in the field and make recommendations for changes as required.
• Understand and adhere to customer timelines.
• Budget minded behaviors to review and ensure profitability on new, ongoing and completed projects
• Team player that coordinates and communicates activities with other employees, departments, and management. Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities:
• Knowledge of basic tools, construction practices and communication networks.
• Knowledge of cable installation practices, dressing cables, lacing, terminations, etc.
• Strong computer skills with Microsoft applications and IP Networking Configuration.
• Knowledge of basic DC power plants.
• Knowledge of fiber optic cable types, make-up of fiber optic cables, and manufacturer specifications to prevent damage of cables.
• Knowledge of various manufacturers ISP racks, cabinets, ladder rack, fiber guide and termination panels.
• Knowledge of cable testing procedures and test equipment.
• Knowledge of inside plant safety measures.
• Knowledge of data center security processes and adhere to the measures they put in place.
• Ability to multitask and stay organized under pressure.
• Must hold a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
• Criminal background check and drug screening required Education and Experience:
• Education Level: High School/GED and Technical Degree or equivalent training.
• Experience: 5+ years of relevant job experience. Relevant job experience is described as job experience in similar industry or job experience with similar essential duties
• Field of Study: CATV Headend Equipment deployment and configuration Physical Requirements:
• Sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; lift 75 lbs.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or - provided by Dice