We are seeking a Fiber Network Technician to join our team! You will help support and maintain company networks both internally and outside perimeter
Network Technician - Fiber
1. Must be able to install fiber and copper cables and climb ladders in doing so.
2. Fiber splicing, termination, testing, trouble shooting and repair of all new and old fiber cables and copper cables.
3. Completion of new installations is a must.
4. Fiber splicing, termination, testing, trouble shooting and repair of all new and old fiber and copper cables.
5. Use of test equipment listed below is a must and will be part of your required learning.
a) Corning Unicam Fiber termination kits and puck and polish fiber kits.
b) EXFO fiber testers
c) EXFO OTDR
d) Fujikura fusion splicer
e) JDSU/Acterna 2310 and 107A and 310 T-bird test equipment.
f) Fluke Copper PRO and volt/ohm meters
g) other telecom installation tools.
6. Working outdoors to locate all buried customer OSP cables from the Utility Notification Center of Colorado, 811 locate tickets and on site local requests. Standby work for all excavations within the 10 foot limit will also be required. Removal of heavy man hole lids to have water pumped out when flooding occursJob Requirements:
Note: The tech may have to work in some inclement weather conditions.
7. Technician will adhere to the precedence of procedures set forth from our customer, our company, and our industry standards.
8. The transmission equipment and testing circuits (T-1s, DS-3s OC-3, GIG and QMOE) are part of the business of our customer telecommunications and our job of extending and testing. It is another required learning item for the technician. This will need some understanding of transmission equipment and test equipment.
9. Knowledge of the following is necessary for the OSP tech and will be part of the required OJT.
a) Microsoft Spreadsheet
b) Microsoft Word and Visio
c) Putty software
d) Command prompt
e) Pinnacle software
10. Learn how to enter data information for all copper and fiber circuits and new cable information into customer owned Pinnacle software database. Building fiber drawings must be updated with the Microsoft Visio application.
*****Fiber Certification Required
*****Must be able to obtain and hold Security Clearance