Position Summary: The Equipment Operator - Telecommunications position consists of skilled workers who possess the required knowledge, skill and physical ability to perform construction around underground utilities, as well as working with daily contacts with the public. Performs duties as directed by foreman while operating any or all of the following equipment: backhoe, excavator, vibratory or static plows, trenchers in the installation.
- Skilled worker who possess the required knowledge, skill, and physical ability to perform construction and maintenance duties.
- Ability to perform the essential physical functions of the job and operate within a short time frame as needed.
- Must have personal characteristics suitable for making contacts with customers and the public.
- Must work well with others.
- Must follow all safety policies and safety procedures.
- Load material or equipment for transport from show-up yard to job site and secure as appropriate.
- Place, remove or maintain underground utilities as directed. This includes but is not limited to: carrying pipe, bags of material and other heavy items, jack hammering, shoveling, tamping and installing pipe, duct or cable.
- Acts as a lead man, assisting foreman on the job or in foreman's absence.
- Operates all equipment required to perform job.
- Secure work site, equipment and materials at the end of each shift to ensure public safety and safety of equipment and materials.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 5 years prior operating experience, advanced ability to run all types of equipment proficiently, such as large excavators, plows, and skid steers.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with clean driving record and the ability to obtain a CDL.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
- Problem Solving
- Team Oriented
- Customer Oriented
- Ethical Conduct
- Must be able to follow Company safety rules and all other Company policies.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Pike is a No-union Company