To assist in the execution of the vision, future direction, and initiative roadmap for strategic technology projects. To help define the reference and implementation Architectures for strategic technology projects. To persuade and influence Business and Information Technology (IT) leaders on the architectural direction for strategic technology projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Possesses a strong development background in both iOS and Android mobile applications with experience building apps in the Cloud
2. Provides a best in class mobile platform that seamlessly builds the app, runs automated tests, performs code quality analysis and submits the application to the App\Play Store.
3. Provides the architectural leadership in shaping strategic technology projects, which focus on both Business of IT (e.g.,TBD) and LOB-specific (e.g., TBD) strategic technology projects.
4. Continuously pursues strong technical acumen:
- Establishes working relationships with strategic and boutique technology providers.
- Leverages knowledge capital available through subscription research services.
- Leverages the Internet as a critical resource for related knowledge capital, inclusive of blogs, podcasts, webinar, etc.
- Attends conferences and engages in associated activities (e.g., conducting presentations, leading workshops, etc.).
- Consumes and contributes content from and to Open Source communities.
5. Provides architecture thought leadership and expertise.
6 . Identifies common pain points for mobile developers, proposes solutions, and advocates best practices for mobile applications
7. Provides industry standards for mobile architecture and mobile development platforms. Defines reference and implementation architectures.
8. Develops proof-of-concept prototypes and initial implementation models.
9. Promotes data driven design, A\B testing, and utilizes real world metrics to help drive our mobile product decisions.
10. Ensures implementation solutions support architecture objectives (availability, scalability, performance, security, etc.), as appropriate.
11. Fosters communities of practitioners around mobile development and provides thought leadership around contemporary mobile practices.
12. Communicates complicated technical concepts effectively to a broad group of stakeholders.
13. Establishes relationships with IT leaders, architects, and technical specialists for the purpose of advancing proposed architectural solutions.
14. Utilizes a general understanding of the competitive landscape and corporate and business unit strategies to provide context for architectural decision making.
15. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent training, along with 5+ years of working experience
- Strong experience in both IOS and Android development
- Proven ability to optimize and integrate business processes across the business
- An understanding of design patterns and enterprise in mobile application integration
- Ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models and technologies
- Strong communication and leadership skills
Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this position.