* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* 5 years of project or program management experience in the telecommunications space.
* Experience with large optical network infrastructure, transmission systems, layer2/3 routers and data services, with experience managing 3rd-parties to successfully execute against objectives.
* Experience in a data center or PoP environment. Experience with OSP, ISP, AC/DC power systems, environmental controls relay and rack/cabinet/cage construction.
* Experience in collaborating across multiple levels and functions, and passionate to engage/influence tactical and strategic decision-making.
* Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
About the job
A problem isn't truly solved until it's solved for all. That's why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you'll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish - working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us - and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
In this role, you will use your experience managing large complex programs in the networking space, preferably with a working knowledge of large scale networks in metro environments. You will be data driven, have an appetite for accuracy, the courage to fail, and the perseverance to keep striving for success. You have experience managing 3rd-parties to deliver against committed objectives, and may have experience with vendor selection and relationship management.
As a program manager, you will be an excellent communicator and collaborator, with an ability to work effectively across multiple functions inside and outside of Google to develop creative and scalable approaches to deploying and operating our network globally.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
* Manage the delivery of large-scale network projects composed of metro and long-haul dark fiber, leased wavelengths, circuit adds/moves/changes/disconnects, colo space, power, cross-connects, inside plant fiber, amplifier/regen sites, and IP transit and peering connections from inception through delivery.
* Assist the upstream planning, design, and acquisition teams in developing infrastructure requirements, priorities, and delivery date expectations, while managing project scope changes.
* Lead kickoff and regular project status meetings to manage exceptions and communicate issues and risks to the rest of the organization. Facilitate review and acceptance of vendor handover documentation.
* Work with vendors and across Google teams to continuously improve network delivery and operational processes, tools, and organizational structures and approaches
* Take on various other projects, programs, and/or initiatives that align with Google networking objectives as necessary