We are looking for a Team Leader for the On-Prem Infrastructure and Tooling Team. This is an excellent opportunity, based in Aldermaston, nr Reading Berkshire. You will have live DV or SC level Security Clearance.
You should have a genuine interest in solving peoples IT issues and empathetic to customer needs and requirements. Ideally you should have a general understanding of the services and technologies. You should possess good written and verbal communication skills and be willing to collaborate with the wider IT support teams.
The successful candidate will be responsible to supporting a strategic change to the service model, and implementing new statements of work. This will require working closely with the Service Delivery Manager to define and implement a more agile and collaborative structure which is capable of blending BAU support with short term projects and ad-hoc requests, where scoped and agreed. This will be achieved by following Agile and ITIL Continuous Service Improvement methodologies.
You will have the following essential skills and experience:
* Previous experience managing groups of 15 to 25 people, achieving SLA's and delivering projects
* ITIL Foundation
* Strong and confident presentation skills
* Professional verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to foster creativity, individual contribution and team collaboration
* Good knowledge of IT support models and best practices
* Ensure the team has the right calibre of people, that those people are aware of their responsibilities and what good results look like.
* Coach individuals and facilitate plans training so that people can perform to the best of their abilities.
* Be a credible communicator with the customer at all levels.
* Demonstrates excellent customer relationship building skills that help us develop a strong partnership with our customers IT Leadership.
Day to day tasks include:
* Manage day to day operations. Ensure relevant SM9 and Service Now queues are monitored and responded to within OLA's and SLA's. Assign ad hoc tasks and requests on a daily basis.
* Have a high-level understanding of technology in an enterprise environment such as VMWare, WSUS patching, O/S builds, server and storage technology, Cloud services (Azure), WAN/LAN, Active Directory, SCCM, the difference between Prod, Dev, SIT environments, back-up solutions, SCOM monitoring, SQL databases, SOX compliance, licence mgt
* Development of individuals by following PDP process of goal setting, reviews and assessment
* Engage with and support meetings: weekly one to ones, team meetings, scoping meetings and project go/no go meetings
* Document processes, update the Site Management Guide and working instructions. Communicate changes to the team
If you have the outlined clearance level, skills and experience please apply now!
"In applying for this position, you consent to your personal data being shared with the specified employer and for your details to remain with GTS for as long as is necessary to process your application. See our Privacy Notice for full information
Global Technology Solutions is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.