LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
About the Role
Live person is hiring a Distinguished Product Manager to drive innovation in conversational AI. You will work with a team of leading scientists and engineers on products that advance the complexity and utility that can be handled by conversational systems today, handling more complex goals and longer-lived interactions. Using our unique data assets, you will develop systems that can dynamically improve through machine learning on measurable outcomes, and are capable of handling dialogs without explicit scripting, conversational design, or workflow design. You will own the strategy and delivery roadmap for this work.
The right candidate will be self-directed, capable of working independently in ambiguous environments to define deliverables, shape outcomes toward successful results. The candidate must be able to thrive in a flat, fast-moving environment that relies on lightweight processes to deliver huge impact. A successful candidate will have an established background in solving complex problems, technical ability with big data and Machine Learning (including the ability to learn), excellent management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
During your tenure at Live Person you will become an expert in the following and much more:
* Working across a team of science, engineering and analyst contributors to define and deliver to a clear roadmap of products and services
* Delivering systems that leverage machine learning, at scale
* The service, API, and open source ecosystem for creating systems that perform Natural Language Processing and Understanding (NLP/NLU)
* Modern frameworks and tools for data management and processing (e.g. AWS Lambda, Apache Cassandra, Spark, etc.)
* ML model management and evaluation best practices and leading technology
We are looking for an expert who has:
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or a related technical field
* 7+ years of professional experience leading application development teams
* A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping great software on time
* Experience presenting technical information to executive audiences, peers, and non-technical stakeholders
* Must have experience developing large scale distributed systems and components for big data / data mining solutions.
* Must be familiar with (and learn) patterns of Machine Learning pipelines.
* You will be working closely with scientists and domain experts. You must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically.
* You must excel in navigating cross-functional efforts and be adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into highly scalable.
* Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions with highly ambiguous data
* MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.
* Practical experience working with Natural Language and/or Dialog Management Systems
* Experience with component development for Data Sciences
* Knowledge of ML fundamentals and standard packages
* Excellent communication skills
* Experience in presenting complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, both verbally and in writing
* Experience mentoring and fostering technical excellence in a team
Why you'll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany's World's most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you'll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.