Director of Infrastructure Engineering - Nationwide, Fully Remote Opportunity
The Director of Infrastructure Engineering is responsible for the network and systems responsible for the connection, aggregation, and connectivity of devices and systems in the network. This is an advanced technical role with management and direction of other Network Engineers. The Director must be proficient with various transport technologies including switches, routers, and firewalls.
• Manage, recruit, grow, justify and expand a currently-global team of qualified Network Engineers; own the operational budget for this team; make decisions and be accountable.
• Lead engineering and operations management resources to design, implement, configure, support, and maintain all aspects of the global network infrastructure for health and performance
• Be a mentor to your direct reports providing them with guidance and support to achieve their career path and leadership growth objectives.
• Responsible for the performance, health, maintenance and scalability of entire global network infrastructure on a 24/7 basis to ensure company-wide KPI objects are met.
• Create transparency into metrics collected to provide to a wider audience.
• Effectively communicate the goals and direction of the Network Org to your teams of network engineers ensuring resource alignment with our client's global network vision.
• Take ownership for all network issue resolution.
• Ensure communication of correct urgency and severity to network engineers, internal teams and vendor resources.
• Work closely with our vendors to drive the strategic direction of their products and services and support processes align with our client's network vision and strategy. Find new vendors as needed.
• Oversee the technical training of the engineers on your teams. Ensure all personnel are qualified to perform their respective duties. Manage a training program that raises the baseline knowledge of the operations and engineering teams and provides deep technical knowledge for subject matter experts.
• Interface with and maintain open communication with internal leadership stakeholders to ensure we are providing excellent service, and that we are receiving the same level of support in return.
• Identify and communicate opportunities for automation to remove pain points related to: repetitious operational tasks, improved network monitoring tools, configuration generation and standardization, and new circuit and peer implementations.
• Gather and define requirements for new products leveraging our global networks, including technical documentation for all relevant processes and technologies.
• Bachelors degree in a technical discipline (BSEE, Computer Science, etc.) or equivalent experience required, Masters degree (MSEE or MBA) preferred (or equivalent experience).
• 7 to 10 years of leadership experience in a Network Operations or Engineering environments.
• At least 3 years of experience at the Director level, managing Network teams.
• Expert understanding of network technologies such as STP, RSTP, layer 2 switching, security zones, and routing policies.
• Proven experience in designing, documenting and writing deliverable plans for network implementations and supporting processes.
• Visio diagramming and network documentation knowledge preferred.
• Highly responsible, self-motivated leader passionate about helping their employees succeed and thrive.
• Resource oriented, with the ability to adapt to a constantly changing technical environment.
• Energetic and fast paced individual who thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment.
• Excellent organizational and follow up skills.
• Strong communicator with the ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization.
• Ethical, fair and of high integrity