We Are Hiring
Title: Director - Connect (Network/Telecom)
City, State: St Louis, MO
Location: MOSTL 4600 Headquarters
Department: Operations Admin
Additional Job Details: FT Days
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Technologies is one of the nation's largest healthcare information technology services organizations.
We provide Ascension and its subsidiaries low-cost, high-value IT infrastructure and software application services that:
• Support rapid and effective clinical decision making
• Improve efficiency and care transitions
• Foster information sharing across the continuum of care
• Make knowledge and data actionable, leading to improved patient outcomes
What You Will Do
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Strategic Planning and Automation, the Director of Connect (Network/Telecom) will be responsible for defining a range solutions and services to enable enterprise customers to define and adopt an end-2-end software-defined infrastructure. In this role responsibilities include defining a strategy that enables highly available application products, by leveraging the capabilities of our multitude of compute environments. In supporting a highly dispersed and broad range of network and telephony solutions, this Director, and member of a new Enterprise Solutions Team is expected to have both depth and breadth of knowledge and experience with Network Planning, Design and/or Architecture. Experience establishing, documenting and communication of Network Designs and Architecture, as well as support of LAN/WAN, Software-Defined Networks and Telephony Services for remote sites, call centers and corporate facilities. Also, expectation is that the candidate is comfortable with Cisco, Juniper and/or Alcatel-Lucent Layer1, Layer2 and/or Layer3 network elements, network and solution cost models, analysis and methodologies. The ideal candidate should have broad and deep technical experience and knowledge in Core Network LAN/WAN architecture, Network Security, Load balancing/network traffic optimization to enable highly reliable enterprise solutions.
The candidate should also be a strong communicator with the ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally, the technical capabilities and economic benefits of differing compute architectures and technologies to enterprise Sr. Directors, VPs and CIO. The candidate should be able to define architectural requirements and work with both product engineering and professional services teams to aid in synthesizing solutions for customers.
- Responsible for the daily performance and availability of Ascension's network, while providing strategic analysis of the network and make recommendations for upgrades/changes while assessing the organization's current and future network needs.
- Directly accountable for the strategic engineering, operation, reliability, and performance of Ascensions network infrastructure.
- Evaluates and consults with executive management regarding technical operations, strategic planning of capacity, network augments and configurations.
- Education of AIS Associates and Senior leaders of the scope of the challenge & opportunity, and assessment of internal political/cultural/skills challenges.
- Develop, lead and inspire the team. Be a magnet for talent and accelerate the hiring of strong contributors to the team. Solidify succession plans and enhance management capabilities to meet strategic and operating objectives of the company.
- Be an exceptional leader and change agent. This position will collaborate across the organization and help bring disparate teams together into a more cohesive unit.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Seven years of progressively responsible experience and two years of leadership experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Technologies is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)