Design the changes that change how people invest
Agility, experimentation, curiosity about new ideas - they're what takes our technology further. So when you join us as a Cloud Architect, you can expect a receptive culture as well as the technical resources to help investors achieve their financial goals. It's the perfect environment in which to build on your technical expertise and problem-solving skills. Especially as you'll be surrounded by colleagues who will push you to think differently, inspire you to make an impact and applaud you for the results you achieve.
If you are looking for a position that provides an exciting opportunity to work within the International division as a solutions architect this role is for you! This is an excellent opportunity to shape the vision, technology architecture and strategic program direction across the three lines of business - Retail, Institutional and Advisory services.
In this role you will:
- Lead/Assist in the execution of the vision, strategic direction, and initiative roadmap for strategic, business technology projects.
- Define the reference and implementation architectures for strategic, business technology projects, as well as persuade and influence Business and Information Technology (IT) leaders on the architectural direction for strategic, business technology projects.
- Provide architectural leadership in shaping strategic, business technology projects, with an emphasis on application architecture. Utilize domain knowledge and application portfolio knowledge to play a key role in defining the future state of large, business technology programs.
- Utilize a broad and deep understanding of the competitive landscape and corporate and business unit strategies to provide context for architectural decision making.
- Continuously pursue strong knowledge of business technology solutions and maintains understanding of applicable technologies, tools, and services:
- Establish working relationships with appropriate business technology solution providers (e.g., Salesforce, Charles River, Reuters, etc.).
- Leverage knowledge capital available through subscription research services that target business technology solutions (e.g., Forrester on Digital Business, Cutter on investment management, etc.).
- Leverage the Internet and trade periodicals that focus on the contemporary, competitive, business technology issues within the financial industry.
- Attend financial industry conferences and engages in associated activities (e.g., conducting presentations, leading workshops, etc.).
- Define reference and implementation application architectures.
- Produce technology roadmaps in support of SI's application portfolio vision and strategy.
- Monitor application implementation activity to ensure architecture and design principles are upheld.
- Ensure application implementation solutions support the business objectives (asset gathering, cost optimization, client loyalty improvement), as appropriate.
- Participate in governance team discussions and provides a strong voice on critical decisions.
- Establish relationships with senior IT and Business leaders for the purpose of advancing proposed application architecture solutions.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of relevant architectural experience
- Hands-on and current experience in Java, Netcentric, Angular, or UI and/or mobile app development.
- A recognized Thought Leader with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to create clarity and certainty when there is Architecture ambiguity; communicate to all stakeholders at varying levels within the Organization.
- Ability to weave "Lean", DevOPs concepts into the fabric of our culture.
- Research Emerging Technologies, and if applicable, lead the buildout of POC's that demonstrate the potential relevance in business domains.
- Full-Stack development experience - Java, Spring, Angular and DB technologies
- Database skills - Oracle, PostgreSQL and DynamoDB
- Facilitates and advices on Enterprise level delivery and design of reusable artifacts and API interface specifications (XSD/WSDL/WADL/Swagger/OpenAPI/YAML) and API security standards and implementation (Oauth, OpenId)
- Ability to learn and apply the knowledge of Amazon Services: Amazon API Gateway, EC2, ECS, Fargate, SQS, SNS, Lambda, AWS RDS (DynamoDB, Postgres, Aurora), CloudFront, Route 53, Elastic Load Balancing, CloudWatch, CloudTrail
- A deep intellectual curiosity and learning agility; stays on the forefront of business and technology solutions, especially API and microservice design, application security, and Front-End / UI development
- Experience in financial services industry, specifically investment management and/or banking is preferred
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. About Vanguard
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.Inclusion Statement
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success. - provided by Dice