I am searching for a DevOps & Infrastructure Engineer for a technology driven business based in East Devon. You will take an important role in our clients infrastructure/development team helping to create repeatable and consistent code and server deployments.
We are looking to speak with candidates with a strong operations background as well as some software development experience (coding).
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for the following;
- Automation (Product Release, Deployment and Management).
- Working with Developers and QA to build automated provisioning & configuration management systems.
- Ensuring Security of Production Infrastructure, Systems and Applications.
- Server Maintenance & Updates.
- Experienced in installing and configuring Linux Servers
- Develop and maintain cloud-based infrastructure using Terraform in an 'Infrastructure as Code' (IaC) environment.
- Impact analysis and scheduling of future releases
- Creating & maintaining 'Runbook' documentation.
- Support moving towards & maintaining CI/CD processes using Jira, BitBucket & Jenkins.
- Maintaining development tool versions within the developer stack.
- Reacting to potential unplanned system downtime.
Our client is currently evaluating Serverless Architectures for various aspects of their application build, including but not limited to, AWS Lambda and Aurora Serveries. They are also creating a new API based on the latest, horizontally scaling AWS infrastructure (Microservices).
They are also getting more and more involved in automation work which is built around Atlassian, Jira and BitBucket API, although these skills are NOT essential for the role they would be nice to have and a real bonus!
Technical experience required is predominately a mixture of the following;
- Terraform (or similar), using AWS (primarily) & CloudFlare providers
- Git (or similar) Version Control
- Understanding the impact of DB Schema changes to a production environment
- Creating documentation/manuals for all levels of users
- Docker / Containerisation
- Build Automation
- Understanding Workflow Definitions in Jira
- Ownership & Management of Developer Stack Tooling
We are looking for a good communicator with the ability to work in a team environment, candidates with experience of Release Management and a Software Development background are highly desired!
The benefits package offered is very good, and includes, 33 days holiday (including 8 bank holidays), pension, company bonus, and much, much more
Please forward me your application and CV (in Word format) and I will call you to discuss this opportunity and client in detail.
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010.
Bowerford Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy...... click apply for full job details