Location: London, South East England (for now remote)
Building simple solutions to big, complex problems!
Our Client is a UK company that enables authentication and security solutions at the edge of large scale IoT systems without the need for proprietary software, or a centrally connected system. Industrial groups, global businesses, enterprises and (smart) cities can make use of their intelligent authentication protocol and secure data transmission solutions designed specifically for modern decentralised IoT environments. They're on a mission to identify and incubate the next generation of their services around disruptive security enabling technologies in anticipation of future demand from pioneering clients.
The company is comprised of technical and academic experts applying innovative cryptographic solutions at the military grade level for large scale enterprises. They are working closely with one of the top globally rated universities in this capacity.
They're searching for a DevOps Engineer to support their continued R+D process and client-side implementations.
One of the central objectives of the company is to keep the team of hardworking specialists content and motivated. That's why they need you, a devoted DevOps Engineer, to be part of their high calibre team. You will have the exciting opportunity to drive their capacity for triaging and handling operational issues while advising the team on the process of writing code and engineering systems that will make their entire codebase more reliable, testable, and scalable. You'll also advance innovative and comprehensive tools and practices to improve deployment and testing. If you want to play an integral role in planning processes with the support of their entire engineering team, then this may be for you
- Interact with team members to improve the engineers' tools, technology stack, and application performance and stability.
- Assist the Monitoring as a Service (MaaS) platform development team to support the seamless deployment of their code.
- Employ an open-source collaborative development design to broaden each significant feature and compose clear descriptions and PR messages.
- Establish, design, perform, and execute comprehensive technical projects to facilitate marketing efforts and goals.
- Analyse, organise, and provide in-depth code reviews to improve applications dynamically and ensure the timely completion of projects.
- To define and operate the CI/CD process across all of our client's domains.
- Resolve operational concerns through collaboration with upstream support groups and various engineering teams to plan updates on a quarterly or annual basis.
- Troubleshoot production issues to address technical commitments and boost sustainability.
- Expand the DevOps team by attracting exceptional teammates and ensure their success by acting as a liaison between upper management and employees.
- Hands on C# development
Role Skills & Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field
Proficiency in deploying and maintaining Java based web applications and C#/.NET based backend microservices
Programming experience (C++/C# .Net) developing complex cloud based architectures and applications
Ability to construct and execute network, server, and application status monitoring
Knowledge of software automation production systems, including code deployment
Extensive exposure to cloud platform architectures (including AWS, Azure)
Strong experience of Linux Operating Systems
Extensive exposure to tools such as Git, Jenkins, Hashicorp, Ansible
Experience with Serverless technologies and Containerisation/deployment (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Lambda)
Solid communication and presentation skills
Working knowledge of software development methodologies
Previous experience with high-performance and high-availability open source web technologies
Ideally knowledge of cybersecurity
Experience/knowledge of Small Footprint devices/ microcontrollers, or IoT
Additional personal details:
- Result-oriented attitude
- Flexibility to travel, HQ in London
- Familiar with working in a globally distributed tea
- Creativity and analytical aptitude with a hunger to learn
Start the conversation by emailing with a CV and Cover Note telling us a little about yourself...... click apply for full job details