Data Solutions Developer - Big Data
As a Barclays Data Solutions Developer, you will develop, enhance and support Repo Market Data, Trade Execution, Trade Capture and other Front Office applications. You will also visualize and design complex systems while demonstrating good command over the relevant design patterns and concepts covering failover and resiliency.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
* Taking ownership of the deliverables of each iteration, ensuring the scope of the project/deliverables is well understood
* Developing and supporting trade capture platform for Repo Trading Platform
* Performing code reviews to ensure implemented functionality matches expectations and is in line with coding standards defined globally
* Coordinating with the QA team and the larger IT group in delivery of implemented features to production
* Interacting with front office users and operations for requirements/support
* Assisting in the investigation and troubleshooting of production issues and playing an active role in mentoring/coaching/training and development of team members
What we're looking for:
* 2+ years' experience working with big data solutions including data modelling using Python
* Java experience with an emphasis on object oriented design principles
* Experience with NoSQL databases, especially with Hadoop and/or Kafka
* Experience with UNIX infrastructure
Skills that will help you in the role:
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Analytics or related field
* Familiarity with UI development basics in Angular JS
* Background in financial markets
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you'll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.