POSITION SUMMARY: BASIC FUNCTION
The Data Center IT Infrastructure Technician supports customer needs within their space in NTT colocation data centers. The technician is expected to handle support tickets and remote hands requests from inception through resolution. This includes troubleshooting hardware issues with servers, network devices, cabling, and basic power connectivity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Unbox, inventory, and install client hardware such as server, storage, and network devices into client racks.
* Installation of cabling and cable organization per NTT or client standards, to include labeling.
* Troubleshooting and diagnostics of hardware.
* Perform replacement of DIMMs, hard drives, power supplies and other components within server, storage, and network devices.
* Perform commissioning and decommissioning of hardware.
* Troubleshooting of low voltage cabling to include both copper and fiber.
* Installation of data center infrastructure materials including racks and cabinets w/ grounding, cable tray and ladder, cable management, copper and fiber networking cable, copper and fiber patch panels and any other materials necessary for data center operations.
* Perform installation and maintenance on Power Distribution Units within client enclosures. (leaves room for eventual underfloor work)
* Work in a standard ticketing system, providing clear, timely, and appropriate customer communications.
* Regularly communicate with employees, contractors, and clients via phone, email, or ticketing system. Periodically join call bridges to troubleshoot and validate infrastructure related issues.
* Adhere to Change Control Processes and Standards
* Support 3rd party vendor activities.
* Process all tickets within SLA guidelines and follow procedural requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Previous experience working in a complex high availability data center environment.
* Working knowledge of data center processes and design (power, cooling, redundancy).
* Working knowledge of airflow management best practices.
* Working knowledge of computer hardware.
* Understanding of networking components and infrastructures.
* Familiarity with cable management and knowledge of how to run fiber and copper in a data center to include labeling.
* Familiarity with patch panels.
* Knowledge of copper and fiber cable testing equipment.
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
* Able to operate material handling equipment - server lifts and pallet jacks.
* Ability to demonstrate effective team and interpersonal skills.
* Experience with Data Center incident resolution, asset management, and logistics.
* Critical thinking and decision making related to outage risk assessment.
* Regular, predictable attendance is essential for satisfactory performance.
* Strong understanding of servers, routers, network switches, and patch panels. Must understand how devices are interconnected and how to troubleshoot hardware and layer 1 connectivity issues.
* Proficiency working with standard desktop PC tools and applications, such as MS Office, MS Outlook, web browsers, etc.
* Understanding of console cables, basic network commands, and SSH/Telnet clients such as Putty.
* Must have the ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* CompTIA A+ certification or equivalent experience required.
* CompTIA Network + and BICSI Installer 1 certification preferred.