Infrastructure Technician - Data Center
Performs skilled infrastructure/structured cabling work in the installation, service and maintenance, repair and alteration of low voltage category cabling, fiber optic cabling, communications cabling, and other various low voltage cabling systems. Complete physical installations and removal of structured cabling components, cabinets, pathway systems (cable tray), move equipment, rack & stack, and related communications infrastructure materials.
*Must be able to dress cables utilizing sewing method with needle.
* Long term contract with possible contract extension. Projects located around the Austin area
* 1st and 2nd shift available: Mon-Fri 8:00 am - 5:00 pm / 9:00 pm - 6:00 am
* Perform installation and service of low voltage category cabling, fiber optic cabling, communications cabling, communication equipment, and other various low voltage related systems such as Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5, Category 6 and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
* Evaluate, diagnose, troubleshoot cabling infrastructure systems, and perform repairs as necessary.
* Perform upgrades and additions to cabling infrastructure systems in order to increase functionality and usability.
* Minimum 2 years' experience installing, servicing, and maintaining low voltage cable infrastructure systems such as Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5, Category 6, and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
* 1+ years' experience working in and around a data center environment.
* Proven ability to install, terminate & test low voltage cables & fiber optical cables to include twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, stranded & solid conductor low voltage cable, single-mode & multi-mode fiber optical cables.
* Basic knowledge of terminology including routers, switches, servers, PDU, etc.
* Industry and manufacturer-specific experience and/or certifications preferred (examples: BICSI, Panduit, Commscope, Siemens, Corning, Leviton, Ortronics, AV, Fiber Optic, Paging, etc).
* Comprehension of terminology pertaining to installation & service of cabling infrastructure for telecom, data, security & wireless systems.
* Working knowledge of industry standards including BICSI, ANSI, EIA/TIA, and local and National Electric Code..
* Strong customer/client service orientation with effective communication and interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy.
* Mechanical aptitude with the ability to read blueprints, architectural, mechanical, and electrical documents.