Cyber Security Threat Hunter
Royston, Hertfordshire with flexible working
Permanent Circa. £70-75K base salary + bonus + pension + benefits Circa. £95-100K package
Johnson Matthey have an exciting opportunity for a Cyber Security Threat Hunter to be based in our Royston, Hertfordshire office on a permanent basis.
The Cyber Security Threat Analyst works within the CISO function to proactively search the JM estate for evidence of malicious activities in our systems and on our networks and to find ways of identifying behaviours that are evading current controls in order to mitigate against these risks and improve JM's cyber security posture. In addition, the role will also assure against the effectiveness of existing IT security controls.
- Hunting for malicious or anomalous activity across the enterprise , using existing tools
- In co-ordination with the wider cyber security team, lead the development and implementation of search capability focused on identifying potentially sophisticated APT's and insider threat activities within the organisation
- Researching new and existing threat actors and associated tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs); developing a detailed understanding of their potential impact to the organisation, providing recommended solutions for improving our defensive and detective capability
- Collaboration with the wider Cybersecurity functions, e.g. Security Operations, to develop hypotheses for new attack techniques and evasion methods
- Coordinating threat hunting activities, leveraging intelligence from multiple internal and external sources.
- Test and assure the effectiveness of existing JMIT controls
- Developing a forward-facing security testing timetable using internal and external resources
- Reviewing incident and penetration testing reports and corresponding logs, to identify gaps in our detection capability and provide recommendations to improve them.
- Contributing to the continued evolution of hunting, monitoring, detection, analysis and response capabilities and processes
- Training, developing, mentoring and inspiring colleagues across the function in area(s) of specialism, strengthening our Cyber Security Operations capabilities.
- Represent Global Cyber Security at internal awareness and external cybersecurity forums
- Collaborate with the wider IT teams to ensure that the core, underlying technological capabilities that underpin an effective and efficient operational response to current and anticipated threats and trends remain fit for purpose.
Background and experience needed:
- Knowledge and experience of IT security controls and supporting security investigations
- Ability to communicate with senior management to articulate information security risks in business terms.
- Ability to convey and explain complex technical information to technical staff
- Demonstrable experience in technology security-related roles, with demonstrable experience of identifying and managing information security risks in complex or critical scenarios
- Technical and/or practical experience of: Offensive and Defensive cyber techniques / SIEM software / Security Incident Management Processes / eDiscovery processes and tooling / Forensic tooling and techniques
A little about us
Johnson Matthey is a FSTE100 multinational speciality chemicals and sustainable technologies business headquartered in the UK. Our vision is for a world that's cleaner and healthier; today and for future generations. We apply our cutting-edge science to create solutions with our customers that make a real difference to the world around us.
How to apply:
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief...... click apply for full job details