ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our cybersecurity experts work to protect the functions and missions that are vital to our people, government, and military through proactive planning and strong public-private partnerships.
ICF is seeking Cyber Security Technical Writer to work on client site in Arlington, VA to write documents and deliverables for a cybersecurity related organization. In this role, you will work with creatives and cybersecurity experts to draft technical documents and communication deliverables.
What you will do:
* Provide professional technical writing and editing services on materials such as informational products, presentations, press releases, reports, etc., while complying with DHS style guides and quality control measures.
* Provide authoring for SOPs, reports, slick sheets, presentations, social media messaging, and other materials as requested.
* Research highly technical information and gather input from cybersecurity team members.
* Coordinate stakeholder input, fact-checking, and integration of written text and graphic design.
* Prepare, design and publish documents and media that are distributed to a large government, national and international user-base.
* Support the development of targeted and strategic communications collateral (e.g., Annual Reports, monthly operational newsletters).
What you will need:
* Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or related field.
* 5+ years of experience in technical writing
* Experience writing cybersecurity documents and publications
* Experience reviewing and editing work products written by other team members.
* Excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively.
* Mastery of English grammar, sentences syntax and formatting.
* Mastery of Microsoft Office products including Word and PowerPoint.
* U.S. Citizenship required (required by federal government for position). SCI Required.
What would be nice to have:
* Display a high degree of initiative and ability to work independently under minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
* Customer service orientation with strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills.
* Knowledge of policy, current events and issues impacting critical infrastructure
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're seeking to make a difference in the world, visit to find your next career. ICF-together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE - Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Arlington, VA (VA31)