Cyber Security Specialist - CISSP, CISM, CISA, CCSP - £50,000 City & Remote
Cyber Security Specialist required by market-leading financial services entity to protect the confidentiality and integrity of information and to ensure and maintain the legitimate access to it through technical mechanisms.
* Provide input and challenge in creation and delivering the Cyber Security Strategy.
* To support and contribute to the IS program policies & standards
* To be responsible for the maintaining the security and compliance processes within assigned area covering pre-deployment and live operation. Ensuring they reflect current best practice including managing third party information sources and working with the operational teams to identify issues and track exceptions to resolution or mitigation
* To ensure appropriate and timely reporting and escalation of areas of non-compliance and poor security
* To be responsible for the daily operation and management of the Security Technologies and Controls
* Work with infrastructure product managers to ensure that systems are maintained with the latest security patches and that they schedule work in a timely manner to remediate identified vulnerabilities.
* Have oversight of the security of the networks including escalations and issue resolution.
* Manage third parties to implement, develop and review the appropriate security infrastructure.
* Carry out security audits and ensure compliance and best practice is adhered to.
* Interpret business requirements & IT Security implications.
Applicants should have:
* Degree educated in Computer Sciences/Engineering or a related discipline.
* CISSP, CISM, CISA, CCSP certified.
* Technical knowledge of networks, operating systems, databases, Firewalls, anti-virus, VA and patch management on premise and cloud
* Firm Understanding of privileged access management and identity and access management.
* Knowledge and experience of the security products available including intrusion detection, SIEM, vulnerability assessment, encryption tools and PAM/IAM toolsets.
* Awareness of the Data Protection Act (and GDPR), NIST and PRA initiatives and the Governments Cyber Essentials programme
* Strong interpersonal, communication skills and experience of working with off-shore/outsourced IT (including Security) teams is desirable.
* An understanding of UK general insurance is desirable.