Cyber Security Specialist, Cheltenham, c£ 60000 - 80000 + benefits.
Expanding company in Cheltenham are looking for a Cyber Security Specialist / Cyber Security Consultant to join their team. Joining at an exciting time, you will be responsible for Cyber Security ensuring the company are appropriately secured and that the business is in full compliance with all applicable standards, legislation and regulation. This is a greenfield opportunity as the company have recently divested from a larger group and now operate as an independent organisation. A new and critical role, you will provide security advice, guidance and direction for all new system development and projects. You will be a key member of the change advisory board and business risk steering committee and will drive the companies Cyber Security.
The role reports directly into the Global IT Director.
Main responsibilities include -
* Responsible for cyber security strategy, delivery and review.
* Work with external IT partners assuring adherence to standards, legislation and regulation in relation to cyber security and data compliance.
* Provide security advice, guidance and direction for all system development and new projects.
* Represent Cyber Security both internally and externally.
* Develop, implement and test all Cyber Security processes and procedures.
* Work with external bodies to understand the latest trends, attack vectors and risks specific to their industry (aerospace).
* Run internal security awareness campaigns.
* Ensure all decisions made within the business have considered the Cyber Security implications.
Skills and Experience required -
* Good working knowledge of ITAR, DFAR's, ISO27001, CCPA, GDPR, Cyber Essentials plus, etc.
* Proven experience in a similar senior Cyber Security Specialist/ Consultant role.
* Good understanding of common networking ports, protocols, traffic flow, system administration, etc.
* Strong IT skills covering hardware, software and networks.
* Relevant security certifications.
* Familiarity with cyber security compliance with the MOD and DOD.
* Proven ability to lead and manage Cyber Security.
Knowledge of the aerospace industry would be an advantage however it is not critical.
If you have the required skills and experience and are interested in this excellent role please send your CV for a full brief. The position is based in Cheltenham and the salary is likely to be in the range of £ 60000 - 80000 + benefits. This is a new role and would suit a Cyber Security Specialist / Consultant that wants to play the lead role in a growing organisation. Interviews soon...... click apply for full job details