Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
The Project Lead for a Cybersecurity Engineering team will provide leadership and technical expertise working independently and/or with other engineers in support of the evaluation, design, and integration of new cybersecurity tools and capabilities. This includes market research, product evaluations, and system integration activities.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cyber security in the domains of security operations, security architecture, framework and standards, governance, and threat intelligence.
This effort will require a skilled technical lead in order to facilitate the implementation of industry standardized and consistent processes in support of systems integration and project management.
Some high-level responsibilities include:
- Daily management of team resources to ensure support of priorities, project targeted criteria and timelines
- Prepare and update project status documents, brief customers on project status, timelines, resources, and obstacles/concerns
- Interfacing directly with customers and engineers to support requirements gathering, system/solution architectural design, and implementation
- Support engineering team with identification of critical path items to progress projects forward and provide support with overcoming barriers to projects
- Act as quality assurance gate for Engineering team solutions, efforts, and deliverables. Support team with solution design, adherence to agency standards, and resourcing as needed.
- Displayed initiative, an ability to lead others, and develop and mature an engineering team
- Leveraging business knowledge and interpersonal abilities to build and maintain relationships with customers, stakeholders, and project leadership
- Lead and support system integration activities; product evaluation, system builds/installation, system assessments, system transition (O&M)
- Draft supporting system documentation; system design, system diagram, system security plan, etc…
The successful candidate will have demonstrated intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas;
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical field
- Active Secret Clearance Required
- Eight (8) years in System Engineering or Cybersecurity Engineering and Design activity. Including leadership responsibility, developing project timelines, managing and briefing on major mile stones, and allocation of technical resources.
- Experience managing and mentoring staff, and overseeing vendors to work towards project goals.
- Experience with system development life cycle and project management framework
- Ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and apply robust analytic thinking to identify, diagnose, and resolve complex technical issues
- Experience supporting architectural design, development, and implementation of IT solutions
- Experience with implementation of technical IT, configuration, and security standards. Experience with configuration and baseline identified, change controls, configuration status reporting, and supporting configuration audits.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 6 years working knowledge and experience with the following Operating Systems - Windows Server 2012, 2016, VMware ESXi 6.0/6.5, Red Had 6/7
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Expert knowledge of network and systems engineering concepts
Nice to have:
- Experience working in AWS is a plus
- Experience working in Azure is a plus
Preferred but not absolutely required:
- ITIL Foundation
Years of experience
- 8+ years in IT related field
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Primary location: Rosslyn, VA
ALT Work Location
- 10% travel to Beltsville, MD for meeting with engineering team
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA VA Rosslyn
Additional Work Locations:
USA MD Beltsville
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.