Description Job Description:
The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Cyber Security Planner supporting the Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O) contract at Ft. Meade, MD .
As a Joint Cyber Planner, you will provide the Joint Forces Headquarters-Department of Defense Information Network (JFHQ-DODIN) expertise on development of strategic and operational plans and implementation of defensive hardening initiatives while collaborating with and providing JFHQ-DODIN Cyber Defense Operations representation to internal/external multi- Command/Agency/Service/Field Activity (CC/S/A/FA) operational planning teams and working groups within the J35 Future Operations.
- Assist in identifying DODIN HQ Future planning shortfalls or process gaps.
- Maintain awareness of current and developing cyber threats, tactics, procedures, and vulnerabilities that have the potential to impact the DODINDODIN.
- Maintain awareness of USTRATCOM / JFHQ-DODIN directives, orders, alerts, and messages and deconflict with strategic plans.
- Maintain awareness of DODIN Operations and DCO IDM missions.
- Effectively communicate (written and oral) implementation plans to senior leaders.
- Determine and implement means of measuring effectiveness of strategic and operational plans.
- Analyze and seek opportunities that suggest current DODIN Ops or DCO-IDM actions being taken may require revision and that a different operational approach may be required to achieve the desired end state.
- Serve as Lead for personnel in the Future Operations area with additional duties of writing schedule and providing feedback into performance evaluations.
- Provide leadership/mentorship to junior level employees.
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance and eligible for Polygraph
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree.
- Demonstrated experience in developing plans that receive input from multiple units, and devising a final plan.
- Joint Force Planning Experience.
- Technical understanding in some of the following areas: network communication using TCP/IP protocols, basic system administration, basic understanding of malware (malware communication installation, or malware types), or intermediate knowledge of computer network defense collection
- Experience in an Operations Center providing Senior Leaders specified reports based on information received from supporting units operations (proxy, firewall, IDS/IPS, router/switch, or open source information)
- Experience at YBERCOMMAND or Cyber Service Centers or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in COA development and analysis.
- In-depth understanding of the military Adaptive Planning Process.
- Proficient in developing briefing materials, administrative, and logistics support.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively, including public speaking, and briefing senior officers.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite.
External Referral EligibleExternal Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws. - provided by Dice