RCI Technologies is looking for a Cyber Security Response Team Member for our prestigious client in New York City
Why Join RCI:
We offer a dynamic, flexible environment in which you can pursue a career path that matches your background, aptitude and aspirations. We not only strive to hire the most qualified people, but once you become a RCI team member we help define your purpose and give you a powerful platform for your voice to be heard, all while keeping you engaged with organizations in the forefront of technology, science and business. RCI offers full benefits including Health Insurance, Vacation Days, Sick Days and 401K.
Enjoy Many Benefits as Well!
Overview of Position:
The Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) (SOC) resource function provides essential support to the 24x7x365 Security Operations Center in its ability to defend the client's systems from cyber threat, including direct support of life safety, revenue generating, and COVID response operations.
- Engage in malware analysis, digital forensics, and campaign assessments; and harmonizes response activities among, City departments, and state, federal, and private partners.
- Assist NYC agencies to improve cyber incident response
- Design and participate in cyber tabletop exercises with City departments to identify capability gaps, procedural weaknesses, and critical infrastructure
- Design, build and enhance cyber-incident detection tools and capabilities
- Work with cyber intelligence teams to identify new cyber threats and campaigns and proactively deploy countermeasures
- Serve as the escalation point for high-profile cybersecurity incidents
- Prioritize incident response activities and coordinate response efforts among City departments and external partners
- Investigate cybersecurity incidents through log, file, and malware analysis
- Devise appropriate remediation strategies and assist affected City agencies in containing, eradicating, and recovering from cybersecurity incidents
- Develop post-incident action plans to improve Mean Time to Recover/Restore
- Maintain knowledge of current cyber threat campaigns and tradecraft
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Threat Management/SOC/Incident Response environment performing security event and incident detection and handling in an operational environment.
- Knowledge of and experience with packet analysis, IDS/IPS technology, and experience reviewing and analyzing security events from monitoring and logging sources
- Previous experience working as a part of an IT Security team
- Formal education or a strong background in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar experience
- Incident response experience
- Active knowledge of current trends in computer security, software/hardware vulnerabilities
- Active interest in current security research
- Ability to work as part of a CERT which may require rotational weekday/weekend on-call coverage
- Strong sense of teamwork, an inquisitive mind, and the desire to share knowledge
- Ability to understand and implement technical vulnerability corrections
- Experience in website and web application security assessment or penetration testing
- Experience conducting malware analysis
- Experience with automation, scripting (Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- Understanding of intrusion analysis
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, OS X)
- Security product assessments
Work is remote during the Covid Crisis!
Excellent Communication's required
Long Term Contract!
Local Candidates Required!
Please rush your resume to
Check us out at:
- provided by Dice