The Cyber Security Assessment Team ("CSAT") is primarily responsible for the planning, execution, and post-execution activities for all network cyber security assessments. Cyber security assessments involve both penetration testing and security control review to include:
- Conducting cyber-attacks against company information systems from an adversarial perspective
- Determine the effectiveness and make recommendations for security controls and programs
- Developing detailed assessment reports and vulnerability mitigation strategies
The ideal candidate would be studying to become a Security Professional who is looking to develop professional abilities in the following skill sets:
The candidate will gain experience in hands-on application and administration of tools and techniques used in cyber security assessments. Challenging assignments in assisting expert level cyber security engineers will help gain technical proficiency and critical skills needed for certifications.
Candidates should be seeking to obtain or may already possess one or more of the following certifications: Certified Information Security Professionals (CISSP), SANS GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Certified Cisco Network Professional (CCNP), Red Hat Certified Expert (RHCE), GIAC Certified Penetration Tester (GPEN), GIAC Certified Web Application Penetration Tester (GWAPT), Offensive-Security Certified Professional (OSCP), Metasploit Pro Certified Engineer (MPCE), and Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH).
Research and Oversight:
The candidate will be comfortable researching and learning a wide variety of existing and emerging technologies and have the ability to participate in the aggressive testing schedule of the Cyber Security Assessment Team (CSAT) and appropriately assist in the daily workload of a highly skilled and diverse group of security assessment testers.
- Candidate must be working towards a bachelor's or master's degree in the following curriculums:
- Cyber security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or other associated technology major.
- Have a general knowledge of security methodologies, solutions and best practices.
- Be comfortable learning to use, configure, troubleshoot, and administrator both UNIX based and Microsoft operating systems. Candidate ideally has some experience with at least one of these OSs.
- Candidate should be familiar with Cyber Security Frameworks such as National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST 800-53) (NIST 800-115), MITRE ATT&CK-Enterprise, International Organization for Standardization (ISO), Center for Internet Security (CIS), etc.
- Have the ability to think critically and creatively. Capable of analyzing large amounts of data related to complex systems. Ability to articulate thoughts and findings in a concise and comprehensive manner. Candidate should also have a strong professional bearing.
Entry level proficiency and understanding of various network engineering skills and technologies, such as Cisco hardware and IOS, firewalls, IDS and IPSs, packet analysis, and network architecture fundamentals would be preferred.
- Entry level proficiency and understanding of Enterprise storage solutions and technology such as, databases, understanding of relational databases, database management systems, and security concerns specific to these technologies would be preferred.
- Entry level proficiency and understanding of Virtualization technologies such as, VMware products and Microsoft virtualization technologies would be preferred.
- Entry level proficiency and understanding of Mainframes such as, mainframe hardware and software, to include OSs while also understanding mainframe security best practices would be preferred.
- Candidates must have authorization to work permanently in the US without the need for sponsorship (now or in the future).
- Candidates must have a minimum of a 3.2 GPA to be considered.
About our Internship Program:
DTCC offers 10-week summer internships for university students in several departments and locations around the globe. Internships are an opportunity to contribute to DTCC's daily operations, while learning more about the company and the financial services and technology industries. As a summer intern, you'll be aligned as closely as possible to a team that leverages your academic skills and considers your future career aspirations. Upon a successful summer, interns will have the opportunity to be considered for our new graduate program upon obtaining their degree, also known as the EDGE Program.
Here's what you can expect as a DTCC intern:
- Access to senior leaders
- Workshops for skill-building and career development
- Participation in employee resource groups
- Team volunteering with local charities
- A sense of community
Engage with DTCC this Fall:
Meet and learn from our colleagues as we host a series of virtual events this Fall. Visit our careers site at rb.gy/s6vxic to learn more and RSVP for our events.
- August - September 2020: Engage with us virtually and apply to our jobs
- September - November 2020: Interview virtually and at one of our office locations
- December 2020: Receive an offer and accept!
- January - June 2021: Engage with our colleagues as you close out your school year
- June 2021: Start the Summer Intern Program