* The Cybersecurity Network Analyst (CNA) performs systems and data threat analysis and enterprise-wide monitoring of systems and networks for insider threats.
Performs baseline audits of usage of all automated information systems and provides feedback in the form of written and oral reports and metrics. Performs focused monitoring capabilities on a case-by-case basis. Performs testing of new software releases/upgrades and policies to ensure compatibility with enterprise applications.
Performs network maintenance checks on requisite insider threat monitoring software and third-party architecture. Creates policies, performs data analysis, product configuration support, network and database support, and maintenance of the operating server, agent baseline, and database repository; performs software policy analysis, generation, refinement, and testing. Reviews and recommends additional resources required to meet requirements. Assists in building and deploying software enhancements.
Participates in program and technical exchange meetings. Provides product specific training on-site and off -site as required.
* One (1) year experience creating knowledge objects and robust queries/searches, along with creating reports and generating charts from the resulting queries/searches using Splunk.
* Three (3) years of experience in Cybersecurity techniques and Network Analysis.
* Four (4) years of experience with the Insider Threat Analysis software utilization.
* Four (4) years of experience with TCP/IP fundamentals, Windows Operating Systems and supporting Office applications.
* Minimum of two (2) years of experience with application servers, and containers.
* Minimum six (6) years of experience in programming and analysis with requirements of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government.
* Real-world incident management/Incident response experience.
* Maintains the integrity, security and availability of the Insider Threat software tool
* Organizes and formats threat analysis reports; identifies events/incidents that require follow-up action
* Implements new software or software modifications to comply with design and/or performance requirements
* Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of software and reports generated
* Monitors various network logs to ensure proper operation.
* Participates in customer program and technical exchange meetings
* Supports the development of long- and short-term analysis and design requirements; database design, development, implementation, and analysis activities
* Performs regularly scheduled database back- ups to prevent the potential loss of collected data. Tests backups to ensure the ability to restore data
* Performs baseline audits. Develops simple database queries, identify and report software bugs or defects for correction
* Assists the Government in building and deploying software and enhancements. Provides training on Insider Threat Analysis software and analysis techniques
* Makes minor modifications to existing software to correct errors, adapt to new hardware, or improve threat software performance
* Performs software testing of new releases/upgrades and policies to ensure compatibility with enterprise applications and full compatibility with all enterprise applications
* Performs preventive maintenance inspections of the software operations, hardware integration, and systems logs. Monitors data repositories, identifies, and resolves any performance issues arising from use of the Insider Threat software components and /or the organizational intranet
* Configure, integrate and ensure commercially obtained third-party software patches and updates to enterprise workstations do not result in unexpected loss of capability or other negative impact to monitoring and audit activities
* Test new Insider Threat software agents on workstations with representative software loads including any proprietary applications, ensures thorough and effective testing of requisite agents
* Designs, develops, implements, evaluates, and/or integrates secure computing, software loads
* Supports security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management
* Analyzes system and program design, and provides programming expertise for improvement and/or enhancement
* Assists in building and deploying software enhancements
* Performs cybersecurity or computer forensic investigations
* Provide warning, and alerts of potential sources of unauthorized access to networks, databases and systems
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing.
Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed.
Clearance: Position requires a Top Secret/SCI security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), and polygraph.
Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
U.S. Citizenship (Required)
* Favorable Criminal History Check
* Education Verification
* Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
* Credit Check
* Subject Interview
This Position is contingent on contract award