Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
Serves as a Cyber Engineering Team Lead in support of a major federal client. This team provides engineering and tool/application support to investigative teams that support counterintelligence and law enforcement elements utilizing industry standard systems and network monitoring tools across the Department.
The Cyber Engineering Team Lead position combines strong managerial skills, a solid technical background and excellent customer service skills. This position will serve as the team lead for overseeing a team of engineers and analysts that provide the IT infrastructure and operational support for a mission-critical cyber security monitoring program. The Cyber Engineering Team Lead will work in conjunction with the team's technical resources to direct and deliver IT infrastructure projects and operational support within a technically complex and dynamic environment. In addition, this position interacts with the primary customer users of the program, and supports their day to day work by ensuring that the environment is stable, and able to meet customer needs.
The effort will require a skilled team lead with project management skills to be responsible for the following:
- Ensure a stable tool environment for primary cybersecurity monitoring tool stuite
- Trouble shoot and resolve technical issues
- Establish and maintain tight working relationships with all stakeholders including federal clients, system end-users, peer IT support groups and vendor support contacts.
- Serve a supervisory role to direct reports including performance management, assignment of short and long term work tasks, and documentation of goals and assessments.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for coordination and communication of activities relating to mission-critical program within the agency.
- Provide the leadership for the team to maintain the availability and integrity of the IT environment while supporting expansion and growth opportunities.
- Engage vendor product support to coordinate system support and product troubleshooting and maintain contractual obligations.
- Enforce standardized and consistent processes, troubleshooting, and lead the implementation of innovative industry approaches and improvements to current capabilities.
- Coordinate and implement Standard Operating Procedures and change control for infrastructure and application support.
- Provide operational and project reporting summaries and metrics to key stakeholders on an ongoing and ad-hoc basis.
Required: Basic Requirements
- Project Management experience leading the implementation of hyper-converged solutions or cross-domain solutions and other IT infrastructure technologies.
- Working knowledge of main IT Infrastructure components (server, storage, network, virtualization, data, cloud, and applications).
- Understanding of high-level technical architecture and be able to facilitate discussion, contribution, generate ideas and drive decisions on appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing the delivery of multiple concurrent efforts/projects.
- Excellent leadership and teaming skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment.
- Core hours are 9:00am - 3:00pm; 40 hours per week (teleworking is not permitted)
Desired: Skills: Preferred but not required
- Applied systems engineering and networking experience and solid background in the system development lifecycle.
- Experience implementing and supporting mission-specific applications in a client-server architecture within an enterprise.
- Working knowledge of information security and IT standards like ISO27002, PCI, NIST, ITIL, etc.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
T elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA VA Rosslyn
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.