Job ID: 210169
Location: KAISERSLAUTERN , RP , DE
Date Posted: 2021-01-06
Subcategory: Cybersecurity Spec
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking qualified candidates to support the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations. As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance human performance. In the current resource constrained environment, demand for M&S rises with the continuously evolving need for operational readiness and mission preparedness across the USAF, DoD, and with coalition partners. AFAMS focuses on providing innovative M&S services as the key to meeting this demand.
The role of this position is to support the Warrior Preparation Center (WPC) in Einsiedlerhof AS, Germany. The Cyber Security Lead will:
- Serve as the operation and maintenance lead for WPC's Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) systems
- Conduct vulnerability scans and produce scan result reports monthly or as required after major network reconfiguration
- Sustain of the accredited cybersecurity posture of the WPC's domain enclaves
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise on DoD and AF policies, instructions related to the C&A processes, AF Security, Interoperability, Supportability, Sustainability and Interoperability (SISSU) activities, DoD Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) web based tool used to implement the DoD Information Assurance C&A Process, the AF Certification and Accreditation Process (AFCAP), and DoD's Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Actively track and maintain each network's cyber-vulnerability level and system compliance to applicable DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Requirements Guides (SRGs)
- Provide technical inputs for Cyber Vulnerability Management (CVM) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) regarding remediation timelines or vulnerability mitigation to sufficient detail.
- Troubleshoot and research problems with systems that do not provide a complete or fully-credentialed scan result until resolved
- Remediate vulnerabilities (e.g. install patches & updates) STIG/SRG configuration compliance actions on domain core services systems and workstations in coordination with and support of WPC Comm Support system administration personnel.
- Maintain inventory of active hosts on the different networks and the corresponding basic inventory listings of software used in order to determine STIGs and/or SRGs that need to be applied.
- Research proposed configuration updates/changes and apply a "patch-and-test" approach as appropriate to determine if a particular configuration update/change will have a detrimental effect on the WPC processes and mission in order to make a determination on application in the operational environment.
- Perform hands-on validation of IA control implementation in M&S/LVC
The following skills are required or desired as stated:
- 10 years' experience, minimum DoD 8570.1 IAT Level III Certification required.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert: Server Infrastructure and/or Red Hat Certified System Administrator
- Experience with ACAS or Tenable Nessus vulnerability scanners.
- ISSO cybersecurity qualification.
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and two (2) years or more experience. In lieu of a degree an additional 4 years of experience is required.
A Secret (fully adjudicated and eligible for NATO) security clearance is required for this position
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.