Data loss can be devastating. Whether it's caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. That's why so many companies choose OwnBackup, the #1 cloud data protection platform on the Salesforce AppExchange and global leader in SaaS data protection. With nearly 4,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised nearly $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
As part of the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) organization, this role will advance our focus on supporting prospective and existing customers' security and compliance needs. The individual will support the Director of Cyber Security in creating a competitive advantage that grows our business and increases customer and prospect confidence within our service offerings.
The role will collaborate with internal teams to create and enhance customer-facing documents, collateral, and build and drive continuous improvements to build trust sooner with our prospects. This individual will become a product subject matter (SME) expert in the context of product security and compliance features as well as the security posture of the infrastructure maintained within AWS and Azure.
As a Cloud Security SME this role will participate in information security related audits with external auditors, prospects, and existing customers in order to answer complex security and technical questions related to the OwnBackup platform and services operating in multiple cloud environments.
This individual will be one of the initial escalation points of contact for internal sales support functions and collaborate appropriate responses from the CISO or R&D organizations as necessary. This role will be for a technical individual with in-depth experience in cloud security, SaaS, and can speak with confidence and clarity to meet with prospects during the sales cycle. Additionally, the role will assist to track and communicate through the Cyber Security organization changes to technical infrastructure and tooling from engineering to ensure proper alignment with customer and compliance requirements.
Your Day-to-Day Role
* Work directly with sales as the initial escalation point of contact for security and compliance assessments, questions, and calls with prospective customers.
* Provide input in order to feed continuous improvement strategies to address immediate customer inquiries/responses for current data protection/cybersecurity practices, risk controls in the product, with a focus on standardizing and scale.
* Communicate and explain OwnBackup's information security and compliance strategy to prospects and customers.
* Support the education sales and account management staff on information system security and compliance capabilities.
* Partner with Solution Engineers to maintain a response database to provide consistent responses to clients.
* Populate and help maintain key documentation in a variety of systems to help inform customers, both internal and external, of critical information related to the security of the platform and services.
* Partner with CISO org to collaborate on other security and compliance projects and efforts as necessary.
Your Work Experience
* Minimum 2 years of experience in cloud engineering with a minimum of 1 focused on cloud security.
* Minimum 1 years of experience in a similar sales support function, including fielding customer questions via voice/video/in person.
* Understanding of mitigating security controls (i.e., anti-virus, IPS/IDS, API security, DLP, SAML/SSO, access management, encryption, logging, patching), and how they work in an overall defense in-depth methodology.
* Understanding of cloud infrastructure and protection methodology and tooling for virtualized services.
* Understanding of distributed denial of service attack intelligence gathering, concepts, mitigation tools, and techniques.
* Familiarity with cybersecurity standard frameworks such as ISO, SOC, NIST CSF, and CIS 20 Controls.
* Strong communication skills, customer-centric, and comfortable in a sales support role as needed.
* Previous experience in preparing and delivering product presentations to customers and prospects during customer meetings and marketing seminars.
* Familiarity with B2B SaaS environments.
* Strong meeting/call management skills.
* Working knowledge of numerous cloud-based products and services and a willingness to maintain cutting-edge knowledge of cloud-based technology going forward
* Current AWS security, CISSP, CRISC, CISA, GIAC, or equivalent certifications preferred
* Experience within the Salesforce ecosystem is preferred.
* Experience with the implementation of SOC 2 and ISO 27001 controls is preferred.
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our San Diego office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It's why we provide every employee with unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, and a 401(k) savings plan. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week. New employees also have the opportunity to attend our award-winning new hire bootcamp, which customizes the onboarding experience by role, provides new employees with invaluable hands-on training within their first few weeks at the company, and gives employees the chance to meet their new colleagues in-person.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
A Bit About Us
Have a look at our website and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and has experienced 100% year-over-year growth, establishing early market dominance in a Salesforce ecosystem that includes over 150,000 customers. And while we've experienced tremendous growth providing backup and recovery solutions for Salesforce customers, we are now offering our world-class data protection solution across other clouds, like Microsoft Dynamics 365. At OwnBackup, our vision is to empower customers to own and protect their data on any cloud platform.