Warnings about Cyber threats are everywhere, and the constantly evolving nature of these threats can make understanding them to seem overwhelming to the intelligence community. In all of this "Cyber noise," how can these organizations understand their risks and how to mitigate them? The answer is you - build your knowledge as an information security risk specialist who knows how to break down complex threats into manageable plans of action.
As an Information Security Risk Specialist on our team, you'll work with the DoD to discover their Cyber risks, understand applicable policies, and develop a mitigation plan. You'll get technical, environmental, and personnel details from lead engineers to assess the entire threat landscape. Then, you'll help your team guide your client through a plan of action with presentations, white papers, and milestones. You'll work on translating security concepts for your client, so they can make the best decisions to secure their vulnerability assessments for Cyber situational awareness using a variety of methods, including using network and web application security testing to provide network and system evaluation for Cyber anomalies. This is your opportunity to take an active role in information security while growing your skills in analyzing security configurations and determine if they meet best practice implementation to ensure resiliency, mission assurance, and recommendations for appropriate remediation and post-remediation risk evaluation. Join us as we protect our nation's Cybersecurity infrastructure.
Empower change with us.
- Experience with providing IT network services
- Experience with network security engineering
- Experience with the Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
- Experience with protocol analyzers, network analysis tools, and network security devices
- TS/SCI clearance required
- HS degree or GED is required
- AT Level II Certification, including CCNA Security or Security+ CE
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with network operating systems, OSI model, and network port, protocol, and service
- Experience in networks with Layer 3 devices, including router, switch, and firewall management and configuration
- Experience with vulnerability or penetration testing tools, including NMAP, Metasploit, Core Impact, or ImmunitySec Canvas
- BA or BS degree preferred
- Qualified or Certified Ethical Hacker Certification preferred
- Completion of RedSeal Training preferred
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people-that's Booz Allen Cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we'll help you develop the career you want.
Competitions - From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we've got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
Paid Research - Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
Cyber University - CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced Cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere-including your phone-and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
Academic Partnerships - In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we've partnered with the University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in Cybersecurity-fully funded without a tuition cap.
Maker/Hackerspaces - Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
We're an EOE that empowers our people-no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic-to fearlessly drive change