Job Description YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you're passionate about.What's Important to You Is Important to Us
We're looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them-friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission-making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.Don't take our word for it.
- FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
- FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Forbes® America's Best Employers
IND123 Basic Purpose
To research, evaluate, design, implement, and maintain system and product solutions, applying knowledge of engineering principles. To provide technical direction and engineering support for projects and infrastructure. Develop and maintain expert functional knowledge of evolving IT engineering industry technologies/competition, concepts and trends.Responsibilities
• Be part of team that design, protects and manages, security services for companies' global security infrastructure.
• Engineer and tune the cloud security solutions including but not limited to enrollments, monitoring, alerting and maintaining defined security posture.
• Implementation, development and integration of open source security solutions like IDS, large-scale packet management systems, etc.
• Engage in technical design of solutions based on use cases and business requirements.
• Participate in proof of concepts and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs and solutions and provide recommendations.
• Stay abreast of emerging technologies and threats proactively assess and evaluate the adoption thereof into the organization.
• Supporting the development of cybersecurity requirements, design & architecture artifacts, plans and policies.
• Supporting defining security development and test efforts implementation of security controls of networking devices, databases, operating systems and hardware and software components.
• Understanding and integrating cybersecurity development activities.
• Performing analysis on cybersecurity data and test results.
• Collaborating with programs and engineering teams regarding cybersecurity solution and alternatives to those solutions.Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• Experience with Cybersecurity vulnerability testing and related network and system test tools; e.g.NMap, Nessus, Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP).
• Experience with information security tools including: anti-virus, Vulnerability Assessment, HIDS/ NIDS, host based or endpoint security solutions, Multi Factor Authentication (MFA), and Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) and centralized auditing tools.
• Experience with NIST Risk Management Framework.
• Experience with DISA STIG Hardening Standards.
• Experience with industry leading firewalls, proxy and load balancing solutions.
• Experience with network security concepts and principles.
• Experience with Server and Endpoint operating system security.
• CCNP Security Certification a plus.Hours
: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pmLocation
: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180Remote Work Policy
: Remote work is available for all positions contingent on business need and manager discretionEqual Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/DisabilityDisclaimer
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.Employee Referrals
This position is eligible for the TalentQuest employee referral program. Please indicate the employee who referred you when applying. - provided by Dice