Job Title: Cyber Security Engineer
Location: Stokesdale, NC
Job Description: Our client, a large defense contractor, has an immediate opening for a Cyber Security Engineer to work from their Stokesdale, NC facility. This resource must physically work on-site from the Stokesdale, NC office. They are seeking energetic, motivated IT/Cybersecurity engineers to join our team! If you love to work with networks, enjoy learning, and find motivation in the mission your work supports, we are the team for you! A key contributor supporting our client's project and program networks, with hands on work including workstations, routers, switches, circuits, firewalls, wireless, intrusion prevention devices, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled.
Qualifications: Bachelor's of Science degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
What you will be doing
- Implements/Supports/Monitors/Troubleshoots network being physical or virtual network infrastructure components and coordinates with team members and/or vendors
- Fulfill the ISSE role by executing or supporting the execution of the development of program required security documentation, including items such as security plans, contingency plans, and security tests plans and procedures in compliance with the IA policy
- Generates or supports the generation of Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documentation for the program
- Windows and Linux network administration
- Participates as an active team member to be knowledgeable within the different elements of the networking environment
- Independently identifies tasks or projects that need to be done and effectively prioritizes time to complete multiple assignments
- Transforms basic designs into solutions that present low impact to customer operations
- Participates actively in contributing to the team and works with customers to develop and evaluate solutions by analyzing needs and impact
- Conducts project planning, cost analysis and vendor comparisons
- Holds ownership by identifying alternatives in the midst of barriers to progress
- Supports continuous improvement initiative
What we would like you to bring to the table (skills, knowledge, and experience)
- Network architecture and the application of network setup (LAN, NICs, Router Configurations)
- Proficient understanding of cyber security specifications such as Risk Management Framework (RMF), STIGs and other government security specifications and guidelines
- Experience with the ISSE Cybersecurity role, and security scanning, analysis of the scan results, and security patching
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux System Administrator for small/medium size networks
- Produce results with limited oversight on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments
- With Assistance able to break a less complex problem into manageable parts and organize approach and solution in a systematic way
- Practicing at developing/integrating new ideas, optimizing alternatives & establishing backup plans
- Demonstrates ability to move into new teams and quickly learn project defined specific process while applying past knowledge and experience
- Communicating technical information clearly so that it may be understood by a non-technical individual
- Ability to read and create Block Diagrams for electrical, optical and networking
- Ability to modify and create system documentation for lab use and release to the customer (procedures, test reports, system diagrams, software design documents, etc.)
- Keep accurate inventory and associated records for audits and shipping
- Understanding of software development process for new software and updates
- Coordinate with associated groups (software, electrical, model/machine shops) and assign tasking for lab technicians
Preferred experience and certifications
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field, plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
- Network+/Security+ or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ISSE experience, CISSP a bonus
- Experience with general network administration, Server+/Linux+ a bonus
- Windows system administration, MCSE a bonus
- Linux system administration, RHCSA a bonus
- RNF experience a bonus