SAIC is seeking people in North Charleston, SC
The Cyber Security Engineer will manage and conduct assessments of security vulnerabilities for Systems and Web Applications. In addition, the Cyber Security Engineer will support the customer in the implementation and management of required information assurance processes to include:
• Validate Systems STIG and Patch Compliance,
• Support firewall and monitoring functions,
• The Cyber Security Engineer may also perform and review security network administration and analysis of firewalls and Intrusion Protection Systems (IPS). Additionally, they will perform system/network administration responsibilities, build environments, assess vulnerabilities in the network, system and applications.
• Assess vulnerabilities in the network, system and applications/s, recommending / performing mitigations for those vulnerabilities.
• Building VM environments using various operating systems.
• Managing hardware and software configurations and updates.
• Basic understanding of networking concepts.
•Education/experience:This position at a minimum requires a technical Bachelor's Degree and 6 years of relevant technical experience or a minimum of 10 years of relevant technical experience without a technical degree.
• Clearance: minimum Secret clearance
•Certifications: IAT II or above
•Knowledge of ACAS, STIG Benchmarks and (SRGs) Security Requirements Guides is required. Windows, Linux, IIS, .NET, Oracle, and SQL Server knowledge is desired.
•Working knowledge of network boundaries including ports, protocols and services management is desired.
• Here are the software environments and tools that are currently being supported.
o Oracle RDBMS 10G / 11G
o Weblogic 11G
o SQL Server 2008
o Windows Server 2012
o VMWare ESXi / Vsphere 5
o Solaris 10 / 11
o Redhat / CentOS 6.2
o Windows 7
o SPLUNK Qualifications
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school and 10 years of technical experience
My SAIC Benefits . - provided by Dice