We have a new Cyber Security Engineer opportunity in Daytona Beach, FL 32114 (Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville) area. It is a full-time/permanent role with excellent benefits. The salary for this role is in the $100K to $120K range + excellent benefits!!!
If you are not interested, please forward to your network. AMS Staffing offers referral fees should they be hired.
Job Title: Cyber Security Engineer
Location: Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Salary: $100K to $120K range + excellent benefits!!!
Term: Permanent / Full-Time Role
Please reply with an updated resume in Microsoft Word format.
Our client seeks a Cyber Security Engineer based in Daytona Beach, FL. Cyber Security Engineer is expected to have a meticulous attention to detail, outstanding problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines, must display an excellent understanding of technology infrastructures using Firewalls, VPN, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy and Security Audits. This person needs to be comfortable leading teams and working directly with executives to provide feedback and updates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Planning, implementing, managing, monitoring, and upgrading security measures for the protection of the organization's data, systems and networks including administering and installing firewalls, intrusion detection systems, intrusion prevention systems, SIEM solutions and more
• The ability to plan upgrades and recommend solutions to management is also very important
• Troubleshooting security and network problems
• Responding to all system and/or network security breaches
• Understanding complex technical issues and managing them within a fast-paced business environment
• Maintaining all the software and hardware in relation to security
• Documenting security certification
• Identifying current and emerging technology issues including security trends, vulnerabilities and threats, and threat intelligence
• Sourcing and implementing new security solutions to better protect the organization
• Conducting proactive research to analyze security weaknesses and recommend appropriate strategies
• Ensuring that the organization's data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls
• Participating in the change management process
• Testing and identifying network and system vulnerabilities
• Daily administrative tasks, reporting and communication with the relevant departments in the organization
• Support security applications and tools
• Address user tickets regarding security issues
• Experience with risk mitigation, selecting or designing appropriate security controls, and implementing them
• Monitor and advise on information security issues related to the systems and workflow to ensure the internal security controls are appropriate and operating as intended
• Coordinate response to information security incidents
• Conduct data classification assessment, security audits, develop analytical reports as required, and manage remediation plans
• Collaborate with IT management, network engineering and desktop engineering groups to manage security vulnerabilities
• Experience creating, managing, and maintaining user security awareness
• Ability to conduct security research in keeping abreast of the latest security issues
• Conduct remote troubleshooting
• Test alternative pathways until you resolve an issue
• Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
• Help create technical documentation and manuals
• A degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering or a related qualification
• 4 years of work experience with incident detection, incident response and forensics
• Experience with Firewalls (functionality and maintenance), Office 365 Security, VSX and Endpoint Security
• Proficiency in Python, C++, Java, Ruby, Node, Go and/or Power Shell.
• Outstanding communication skills that go beyond "tech talk" - the ability to translate complex IT matters to those without an IT background
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills
• Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques
• Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar role
• Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
• At least 3 years of specialized IT experience or at least 5 years of specialized IT experience and no degree requirement
• Ability to perform security alert troubleshooting
• Experience with network security, vulnerability management, Assessment and Authorization (A&A), Authority to Operate (ATO), and incident response
• Splunk security information and event management (SIEM) experience
• Experience with security documentation controls, assessment, ATO audits, and tool experience
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker, CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CompTIA Security+, GIAC Certified Penetration Tester, GSEC: SANS GIAC Security Essentials
- provided by Dice