Intelligent Waves, a rapidly growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business has an immediate need for a Cyber Security Engineer to support an intra-agency modernization for in support of our government customer in Chantilly, VA.
All job offers with IW are contingent upon showing proof of vaccination for COVID-19, absent a need for reasonable accommodation for a disability or sincerely-held religious beliefs against vaccination.
- Provides implementation advice for system security architecture, design, and cryptographic services.
- Provides system security engineering expertise.
- Provides system security guidance.
- Assists teams in understanding and addressing system security issues identified during the assessment process.
- Investigates new technologies and products. The Contractor shall focus on the systems engineering/cyber security engineering related tasks.
- Communicates with team leads and senior leadership, assess changes, and rapidly change direction in support of new and/or changing program requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a diverse team.
- Ability to communicate with executive-level staff, senior military leaders and civilian government officials.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- Ability to complete work autonomously and without direct supervision.
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and mission focus.
- Ability tomulti-task,rapidly integrate, provide expert judgementand support newcustomer requirements.
Citizenship -Must be a US Citizen.
Clearance TS/SCI with CI Poly
Education - Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience in two (2) or more of the following areas: Network, host, cloud, data, or application security in multiple operating system environments.
- Demonstrated experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies including encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail and access lists.
- Demonstrated experience working with Internet, web, application, and network security techniques.
- Demonstrated experience developing documentation to meet security requirements and guidance.
- Demonstrated experience creating test plans and conducting evaluations and/or prototyping.
D esired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience working with relevant operating system security (Windows, Solaris, Linux, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience with Cross Domain Solutions that transfer data between networks operating at different classification levels.
- Demonstrated experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) architecture and other cloud computing environments.
- Professional certifications in cyber security area of expertise, such as:
-CISSP - Certified Information System Security Professional;
-CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker;
-GIAC - Global Information Assurance Certification;
Demonstrated experience with the Sponsor's policies, directives, and standards.
Since 2006, Intelligent Waves has remained committed to providing quality engineering, operations, and intelligence solutions to our clients and it all starts with YOU. Intelligent Waves provides a great and generous benefits package to include medical, dental and vision, PTO leave, and life & disability packages. We also invest in our employees' futures by providing a contribution with vesting starting from DAY 1, technical training, tuition bonuses, and much, much more.
Clearance Statement: Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, Intelligent Waves will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Intelligent Waves LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity protected veteran status and individuals with disabilities, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.
A Veteran Friendly Organization
Contract Status: Immediate Hire Category: Engineering Telecommute: false Travel: None Employment Type: Regular Full-Time