We are currently accepting resumes for a Cyber Security Consultant
in Columbus, OH
. The selected candidate will perform the following duties:
- Provide vulnerability assessments for the Online Driver Schools per outlined requirements. (**Note this will be primary duty ~ 50% of work time).
- Monitor network and information system cyber activity.
- Respond to alerts (analyze, interpret, investigate, resolve) based on monitoring activity, for security (malware, malicious actor), and other purposes (malicious activity, misuse, etc.). Uses creativity and innovation to automate and streamline processes and procedures.
- Understands customer support, likes to work with people and can ensure that the customer is satisfied.
- Manage, update, modify alerts, adjust/fine tune event correlation rules, etc. (e.g. filter false positives, increase accuracy/relevance/effectiveness), create new rules based on threat changes/evolving risk, etc.
- Understanding of basic Networking principles, including network troubleshooting for connectivity issues, DHCP, DNS, use of tools like PING, NSLOOKUP and NETSTAT
- Perform specialized security functions (e.g. forensics or incident response).
- Perform event correlation, analysis of malicious activity indicators, and appropriate response, based on review and access to multiple security tools and services. "Threat Hunting"
- Provide routine security and general support (tickets, ad-hoc requests, etc.) to all DPS departments/users, IT groups/resources, external (other state agencies, public), etc.
- Vulnerability assessments will be a large portion of job responsibilities for this role. Candidates should clearly outline and elaborate on their past work experience with vulnerability assessments. Additionally, candidates should have proven past work experience (outlined on their resume) working with customers to provide reports and results. Candidates should also have
- Experience with applications and external facing websites
Job description attached Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information science, or related field
- 3 total years I.T experience.
- 1 Years SIEM
- 3 years customer service experience
- 3 years Troubleshooting experience
- 3 years knowledge of Networking to including PING, NETSTAT, DHCP, DNS, and NSLOOKUP.
- 1 years' experience with Active Directory.
- 2 years experience with Web Filtering and Security
- 1 years Microsoft server experience
- 1 years Linux experience
- 2 years of Vulnerability scanning experience
- 1 years A/V experience
- 1 years IDS/IPS
- Contributes to continuous process improvements to increase the efficiency of section.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral. Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Vulnerability Scanning tools for app and server.
- Web Security Gateway
- Certifications in Microsoft
- Powershell scripting.
- A/V Enterprise solutions
- OWASP Zap
- Other security related tools.
- ITIL Knowledge and ITSM Tools
UNICON International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in working for an organization where honesty, integrity and quality are among the core principles then click apply today!
Keywords: Vulnerability assessments, Customer Service, IDS/IPS, A/VJob Requirements:
- Conduct cyber threat intelligence analysis
- Analyze cyber threat vectors at UC
- Devise cyber threat impact assessments
- Manage cyber threat collection plans
- Managed cyber threats and vulnerability
- Uncovering the unknown about cyber security threats and threat actors
- Assessing cyber security compliance programs
- Inform cyber security decision makers
- Disseminate cyber threat reports for immediate short-term threats
- Track new exploits and cyber threats
- Coordinate cyber threat, incident and vulnerabilities
- Deploy actionable threat intelligence and countermeasures
- Determine nature of detected cyber events
- Identify cyber threats; threat vectors; threat actors; and threat trends
- Disseminate cyber threat assessments for stakeholders addressing longer-term threats
- Grow cyber intelligence capabilities and networks
- Perform other cyber intelligence-related duties
- Ensure quality and effectiveness of cyber threat sources
- Acquire and share threat intelligence
- Build and implement cyber threat intelligence and unified information security program for the university