Cyber Security Consultant - £45K - £60k plus benefits
We are seeking a Cyber Security Consultant to deliver a range of specialist cyber security professional services for MOD based in the South East and South West. As a Cyber Security Consultant, you will be responsible for providing expert cyber security technical advice, guidance and support to MOD clients.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Production of formal deliverables such as accreditation evidence, security policies and operating procedures (SyOPs), risk assessments, and security assurance management plans. As a consultant your role will involve significant stakeholder engagement, liaising directly with the client, and working to programme deadlines.
• Understanding, assessing and articulating business and information risk at a technical and business process level.
• Reviewing the effectiveness of existing security controls and proposing proportionate security improvements.
• Develop and managing relationships with our clients; meeting with potential clients to understand their business challenges and developing proposals to meet their requirements.
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Relevant experience in a cyber security related role.
• Experience of HMG and MoD Information assurance (IA) requirements including JSP440 and NCSC IA guidance.
• Experience of the MoD security accreditation lifecycle.
• Practical exposure to the development of system accreditation evidence within the MoD.
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
• CCP SIRA/ Architect.
• Previous experience as a MoD Security Assurance Coordinator.
• Chairing and participation in MoD Security Working Groups.
• Experience of supporting the design and delivery of operational military systems.
• Hands on experience using the MoD DART tool.
• Working with suppliers and assuring security in their equipment deliveries.
• Working on a HMG multi-national equipment delivery programme.
• Knowledge of HMG/MoD TEMPEST requirements and standards.
• Knowledge of HMG cryptographic management and standards.
• Knowledge of MoD JSP604 requirements.
Candidates must be:
• Eligible to work in the UK and have the appropriate right to work documents
• Role is home based but you should be willing to travel to client sites for 1-2 days per week on average.
• Willing to undergo government security clearance process...... click apply for full job details